AuthorTopic: pro motion: manual color reduction, technically speaking  (Read 8952 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: pro motion: manual color reduction, technically speaking

Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 07:04:34 pm
easier ways in promotion.

select eyedropper and alt+click on the green pixels while having the blue selected. all greens will become blue and then you can just kick the green out of the palette.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 06:27:43 am
Thx a lot Ptoing! :-*  Helm was saying in an other thread that you know pretty well promotion, so I was hoping for an answer from you  :hehe:  :P 
how the hll do you know that??  ;D ( Are you beta tester by chance? )

I think a way to do the same via the palette would be kickass to speed up the process when you need to do this on many colors.. but that's good enough for my needs :P
thx again! :)

Adam, thx for your input too, haven't check your method yet.. I'll have a try when I start to learn the animation tools  :crazy:

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 12:37:09 pm
I think that is documented somewhere. But I hope PM 6 gets to beta state soon because I will test that :B But Jan is being busy with other stuff.

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 07:37:12 pm
if you want to do it to many colours at a time you can also set the stencil so that the colours you want to exchange are not selected (manipulatable), set the right-button colour to what you want them replaced with and press K (clear). I am pretty sure that it should work (no PM to test where I am atm)

Also, PM is such a small program that once you used it for some time ( I use it since about 3 years now I think) you can come up with really fast solutions for stuff like this on the fly pretty much.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 10:48:38 pm
Well, all this would actually be 'worse' in a sense, since changing single colors is not the problem here, but maintaining a nice and clean index-palette, which ultimately are messed up in PS as far as I know (they definitely are in PSP7, even though it has index colour-modes).

You just have to be careful about what tools you are using. I used to use ps7 and i never had any trouble maintaining my palette.

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 09:13:12 am
if you want to do it to many colours at a time you can also set the stencil so that the colours you want to exchange are not selected (manipulatable), set the right-button colour to what you want them replaced with and press K (clear). I am pretty sure that it should work (no PM to test where I am atm)

I just checked and yes it works, but I was not saying many colors at a time but one by one,like: replace blue by dark blue, green by medium green, dark green by dark purple etc... so finally in this case, I think Miascugh 's method is the fastest.. you  can easily set the palette by hue or brightness then editting the palette, copy a color over an unnecessary one, do this many times with different colors.. then delete duplicates and finally remap..

(I think adding a "Fusion with " button in the edit pallette would be cool  8) but may be it's just I who miss it , with my crappy methodology  :crazy:)
thx again ;)

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 11:44:50 am
here is my "problem":
let's say I have 3 colors in my palette, black, green , blue.. all used..
Now I just want to have 2 colors, and I want to change all the green pixels to blue...
How to do this, without having to repixel all the green pixels in blue? (that's how I did so far but I'm getting lazier and lazier it seems  :crazy: )

I know a very easy way. In Paint:
Select this tool:
Now right click on the blue colour and left click on the green colour.
In the bottom left it should be like this:
Now select this tool:
Then right click and hold and go over the green parts, they now should change to blue.