AuthorTopic: girl in dress  (Read 20407 times)

Offline Zomby138

• View Profile
    • reanimatedart

Re: girl in dress

Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 05:10:40 pm
why does everyone assume she's a princess ?  I had dame or perhaps duchess in mind.

the revision is going great btw, :P basically I've been hanging around the forum.  seriousely though, I need to get down to some, stop distracting me!

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 05:26:51 pm
Hmm, these comments may be coming a bit late.  Maybe I should have visited here last night as well.

Sharm I'm sorry but I really cant make sence of what you were talking about with the hair O.o *is feeling a bit slow today* do you really think she's too busty ? I don't want it to come across as rediculess.

I just wanted the hair to match the shading on the dress.  I did a quick edit.  I happen to like the flat style.

I like the edit on the bust, it's much less.... ouch.  The dress is holding her in a little better than it was before.

Offline Zomby138

• View Profile
    • reanimatedart

Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 11:07:52 pm
I have an update now.

not particulaly happy with the new thing inside the skirt, but I want to try and do something more interesting than just closing it up.
I'm actually quite pleased with the face now, I think, I might change my mind about that later, haven't decided yet.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 11:26:35 pm
To be honest, I think that the frilly inner skirt thing looks horrible, and that the extra detailing you've added to the bodpiece is just messy.
The expression on her face looks better, and I like the extra segments you've added to the outside of her dress.
This feels weird to say, but I'd disregard Helm's comments in this thread. Who gives a flying toot about real world customs or social graces? The original design was more interesting. Why be modest when with art you can be bold?

Actually, I think whilst everyone else is busy editing this thing, I might as well make one of my own.
Watch this space. :P

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 11:42:19 pm
Why be modest when with art you can be bold?

Why understand where I'm coming from when you can construe my point and offer a directionless generalization at the same time?

Offline ProgZmax

• Relax!
    • View Profile

Reply #35 on: April 11, 2007, 11:43:15 pm
I made this edit before you posted yours, but anyway...

This is somewhat like what I was getting at, only I didn't spend nearly enough time on it and the colors probably look awful.  The main things I did were:

1.  Added a pinkish dress under the canopy dress.  Typically women would have 4-5 dress bottoms under the canopy outer dress thing.

2.  Raised her boobs up.  Bodices and such typically bind and raise boobs up to give them lift and make the woman appear more chesty and voluptuous.

3.  Adjusted her face a bit just for the heck of it.  Your latest edit looks fine in that regard, though.

4.  Made some really quick and dirty slippers!

Anyway, if this is a duchess as you say then I would certainly consider concealing her legs to make her more regal. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:06:53 am by ProgZmax »

Offline Zomby138

• View Profile
    • reanimatedart

Reply #36 on: April 11, 2007, 11:44:15 pm
can you see the update this time helm ?

[edit]

sorry Prog, you must have commented while I was writing mine, interesting edit, Faceless is right about the underskirt thing, I dunno what I was thinking, I'll be changing that, possibely to something more like what you have there, not sure, gunna try a few more things first.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:52:49 pm by Zomby138 »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #37 on: April 11, 2007, 11:47:00 pm
Yeah magically all the images work again. I like the new edit lots. Have you tried pulling the legs together in a more conservative stance? It wouldn't be too difficult an edit to attempt just to see how it looks. Tell me and I'll do it if it's a boring proposition. While I feel progz' addition is a bit clashing with the monochromaticism going on in the sprite, it does raise a valid proposition potentially, if you made a coplementary ramp and added a second color to the dress. perhaps, just to break it up as a design.

Offline Zomby138

• View Profile
    • reanimatedart

Reply #38 on: April 11, 2007, 11:56:04 pm
ultimately I'm planning on dividing the dress up into either 2 or 3 ramps as it is, I haven't quite decided what parts will be what, I've tried a few different things.

really bad way to work I know, I'm regretting this poor planning already.

Offline ProgZmax

• Relax!
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: April 11, 2007, 11:57:06 pm
While I feel progz' addition is a bit clashing with the monochromaticism going on in the sprite, it does raise a valid proposition potentially, if you made a coplementary ramp and added a second color to the dress. perhaps, just to break it up as a design.

Definitely.  The more I look at the colors I chose the worse they look!  A secondary shorter dress about midway above it with a different design would add to the depth, I think. 

I edited the original to a color scheme that hopefully looks a bit less horrid.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:07:38 am by ProgZmax »