AuthorTopic: Girl in not so protective armor  (Read 4821 times)

Offline ZxC

• View Profile

Girl in not so protective armor

on: April 09, 2007, 10:45:45 pm

Well I reckon I've gotten abit better at shading, but this piece still has anatomy issues which I have a hard time fixing, and thats y I'm posting this here.
So crit away!
UPDATE

EDIT
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:33:04 pm by ZxC »

Offline skoby

• View Profile

Re: Girl in not so protective armor

Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:40:06 pm
OK first of all this is the first time Ive edited someones work to help, so hope it came out alright.

The left arm looked awkward and just short the way you did it, also her feet looked too long and uncomfortable and her knees and ankles were almost non-existant so I tweaked it a bit, and I think it looks a lot more natural this way. I would also make her skirt a bit more textured, as at the moment its pretty much solid colour.

Final thing, didnt notice before, isnt the handle in Veracs far longer? with a shorter chain, I know its a 2 handed weapon, but thats not a major thing and its been a while since ive seen a set ingame

Offline ZxC

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 11:52:36 pm
Thanks for the CC
Heres my edit
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:29:02 am by ZxC »

Offline Kindred

• Anok
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:11:55 am
There's a little bit of a perspective issue with her arms, the closer one looks noticeably smaller and the forearm is too long in proportion to the upper half. Move her winking eye down a pixel, it'll look more natural because the eyelid comes down over the eyes not up so much.

Another thing to think about is your light source ask yourself, where exactly is it coming from? This should give you a better idea how to shade her.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 01:22:41 pm
The face could use more detailing,and something about the legs isen't doing it for me, I am n ot sure what, but they do look right, and it is bothering me.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 01:35:41 pm
Looks like pillow shadish, on the legs, could just be me

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 02:22:02 pm
Looks like pillow shadish, on the legs, could just be me
Not only the legs, nearly the whole picture...

Offline ZxC

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 02:40:46 pm
Thanks for all those comments, working on an update atm, I should post it by tonight.

EDIT

Any better?  ???
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:32:45 pm by ZxC »

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 03:37:07 pm
Pillow shading s basicly shading without a light source. Or, well, with the light source in the middle. This creates an ugly squarish effect.
Before you start pixeling, always define a light source, from upper left for example. The base the lighting and shading on that lightsource.

Offline ZxC

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 03:39:39 pm
Pillow shading s basicly shading without a light source. Or, well, with the light source in the middle. This creates an ugly squarish effect.
Before you start pixeling, always define a light source, from upper left for example. The base the lighting and shading on that lightsource.
I know whats pillowshading, if you look at v2 and v3, you can tell the edits I made to shading.
i still lack shading skills, but if you look at my edit, you might be able to understand what I'm trying to do, and help me from there.