AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 246983 times)

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #110 on: March 30, 2007, 04:16:28 pm
I have the wii and xblox360 but i still play ps2 the most, so go figure. I think ps2 has the best games lineup and a lot to choose from for the next 10 or so years.
If i'm ever going to get the ps3, it's when they release the next Gran Turismo. I had plans to get the ps3 on launch but seems like my favorite series are going for xbox360, like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Ace combat.

I still hope the ps3 doesn't bomb tho. I like all the consoles just as much, but my wallet doesn't like the ps3.

It makes me so sad...
http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/816938/

That guy is legendary. I found his games and they were interesting to say the least. RPGmakerXP stuff.

Offline abzdragon

• cupcake unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Fishbowl Designs

Reply #111 on: March 30, 2007, 06:02:15 pm
GTA(puke)
I second that D:
But then again I am a Nintendowhore. I only support Nintendo.
I saw in game shots of the new Gran Turismo... and honestly... it looks pretty badass.
I never got a 360 bc the day it came out my ex got one and it almost immediately destroyed Halo 1 and Perfect Dark. Microsoft actually sent him a new one after we broke up AND Wal Mart exchanged it so he ended up with 2 360s and sold one. Bastard. But I just never bought one after all that... Go Wii!

It makes me so sad...
http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/816938/
Yeah I saw him on dA. He's spamming for people. I'd like the see the games XD
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:05:44 pm by abzdragon »

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #112 on: March 30, 2007, 08:03:05 pm
*refrains from shouting at him in public and reports the topic*

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #113 on: March 30, 2007, 09:01:48 pm
Heh, yeah...
I still kind of feel bad though, seeing as how I don't like to judge people whom I've never met. Despite his flaws here, or elsewhere, I'll also refrain from making fun of him.

Oh snapjizzle, boredom has just led to this amazing thought: Has anyone here ever thought what if some of the pixel artists around the web were celebrities, who would they be? I wonder what everybody else would think. I guess I'd be the "Paris Hilton" of the bunch. C list star, with absolutely no talent...Hah! Thoughts, anyone?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:06:08 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #114 on: March 30, 2007, 09:16:55 pm

why so closed minded?, there are plenty of amazing games that aren't nintendo, stop being a fan-boy/girl and start supporting good games - not just gaytendo.

TBH the Wii was teh most over-expected thing ever.  At christmas time it was all sold out - it hasnt been mentioned since.  The wii takes too much effort to play - yeah its a neat party toy, but the 360 is just so much better, especially its online user-base - halo 3 is gonna have at least 2 million people playing online.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #115 on: March 30, 2007, 09:22:59 pm
halo 3 is gonna have at least 2 million people playing online.

More than half of which are probably stupid annoying 15 year olds :P

But yeh, I agree about supporting games not systems bit.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #116 on: March 30, 2007, 09:26:03 pm

why so closed minded?, there are plenty of amazing games that aren't nintendo, stop being a fan-boy/girl and start supporting good games - not just gaytendo.

TBH the Wii was teh most over-expected thing ever.  At christmas time it was all sold out - it hasnt been mentioned since.  The wii takes too much effort to play - yeah its a neat party toy, but the 360 is just so much better, especially its online user-base - halo 3 is gonna have at least 2 million people playing online.

Oh yeah.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #117 on: March 30, 2007, 09:29:02 pm
Yes.  I do think the 360 is the best console around right now - but that doesnt mean that i ONLY like 360 games.  There are some awesome ps2 games, MGS2, GTA (liberty city/vice city), guitar hero 2 etc...  I also think the GC had a couple of good games.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #118 on: March 30, 2007, 09:37:25 pm
The gamecube has some very good games. Mister Driller - Drill Land alone is worth it (if you have a Jap one - moding wont work for that game :P)
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Reply #119 on: March 30, 2007, 10:12:41 pm

Yet it's still nearly impossible to find one..

I agree that the console was probably a little bit overhyped considering that amount of good titles could be listed on a single hand.  However dismissing it simply as a "party toy" is a bit far.  If you can't find the energy to flick your wrist ever so slightly you should perhaps find a gym.  In many cases it's less effort than pushing buttons.

I do enjoy the 360 as well, but it's more less the same formula as any last gen console.  Which is by no means a bad thing. 

-Fry