AuthorTopic: [WIP]Im new  (Read 3216 times)

Offline ~KING~

• Where do I put my picture???
    • View Profile

[WIP]Im new

on: March 27, 2007, 01:18:32 am

Well I'm new here and I coun't fond somthing to make so I decided to make this guy from the lineart excange.
I't might not look like much but I was just about to give up near the middle. Hope you guys can help me out I have been admiring all of your works and the people that come from here are outstanding. Thake some time and if you edit explain what you did and why you did it. Hope it's not to much work.

~Thanks~

Offline Hedgehog

• AVOCADOMG
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]Im new

Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 12:56:29 pm
The highlight on his left foot looks... Odd? It looks like a stripe going down along the foot.
Life's a garden. Dig it.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:06:21 pm
the ideas as to lightign and placement are solid, but the execution is a bit off on the body.  Single lines look a bit jaggy, and the red rims around them don't look nice either.  Try and make things a little smoother and it will be a fine piece.

This cafe monitor is too dark for me to give any other crits, more to come perhaps when i get home.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:17:05 pm
Thanks I knew some one was bound to reply!

Heres my edit added dithering and removed that ugly pink for a smother blue.

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:25:03 pm
Much better.  The new colors seem to imply a blue light, you should hue shift the red to match.  When doing hue shifting the shadows shouldn't be shifted to the same color as the highlights.  If you want him purple, either keep it purple in the shadows or shift toward the warm end of the spectrum.  The black looks out of place, I would replace it with a dark purple or blue.  When are you going to do the eyes?

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 12:55:38 am

Heres my latest update. Now I'm not shure what you ment but I interpeted it as best I could.