AuthorTopic: Kren's Dump topic  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Kren's Dump topic

on: March 26, 2007, 04:14:27 am
Well, I have been spriting alot recently but since my monitor has alot of gamma problems I can't manage to sprite that good, so see my trash, sorta.

Well this was for a shooter, never comlpeted the mockup, eventhough I like how the rocks look.

Well, I made this just for fun, I remember posting this long ago, I just added more portraits.

This is an RPG effect inspired by Tsugumo Thread.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Krensprite/swordattack.gif

A cartoony style mockup, dunno for what probably for a RPG/Action game.

And the tiles, the mockup was made before this tiles so the tiles are better if im right..

Opinions? Crits? anything is welcome.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: Kren's Dump topic

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 09:41:59 pm
I like the rpg mockup you have at the end, though I'd lose the outline around the dirt tiles. It makes it feel raised above the grass and more like a raised cliff area then ground. The puple outliens on the rocks seems out of place with the monohueish tree and grass. hte white highlight strikes me as a bit out of style with how you done the other highlights as well.

Good stuff, though. Your colour choices could be a little more interesting nad you could strive to use more complementary colours.

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Re: Kren's Dump topic

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:01:55 am
"The puple outliens on the rocks seems out of place with the monohueish tree and grass. hte white highlight strikes me as a bit out of style with how you done the other highlights as well."
hmm m well I was trying to give it a red esque feeling but it didn't turned well, :P something I also realized is that the tree leafs have more outline than the rock and the treetrunk but it looks nice IMO, yeah the white in the rocks looks realy bad.
well here is a mockup using those tiles:

the leafs are bugging me.