AuthorTopic: Wing Commander Pixel Art-y Unity Remake  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Vinik

• View Profile

Re: Wing Commander Pixel Art-y Unity Remake

Reply #30 on: August 10, 2019, 11:43:02 pm
Tuesday Evening Dralthi update - I did lower the # of colors on the bright end of the pipe ramp, and went with an even subtler brown shade to the shadows, added a ton of detail. Definitely getting closer to something that looks good!

Enjoy!

Definitely digging the brown shading/ambiance on those chrome parts. On the gameplay side of things, I understand you are being purist and remaking the cockpit with the original shape, but I wonder if a modern entry in the franchise wouldn't reduce the amount of screen area taken by cockpit to increase the view of the actual gameplay content in the center. But this is not critique, just rambling.

Offline Howard Day

• Hey, I'm a doofus.
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 07:38:25 pm
eishiya: Thanks! I've tweaked the ramps a bit, added a bit less fade off. hopefully that improves it. :D
pistachio: I'm not quite sure what you mean - I've only been working on this for a couple of months. :D All the rendering tech I'm doing for this is brand new for this project.
Vinik: Thanks! So, one thing to note is that the viewing area is actually larger than it seems - these images have about 10% more area around the edges for the cockpit to shift around as you turn.
Dralthi cockpit update!

Enjoy!

Offline Howard Day

• Hey, I'm a doofus.
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: August 14, 2019, 09:31:38 am