AuthorTopic: [WIP][Feedback] Submarine interior - Base  (Read 9216 times)

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: [WIP][Feedback] Submarine interior - Base

Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 04:17:48 pm
Now you've just got a screen that's mostly rather dull xP I think keeping things saturated before was fine, I think it's the animations themselves that could use some tweaking (mostly values). The idle stuff was perfectly fine before. If anything, the active stuff needs to stand out more, rather than inactive stuff standing out less.

But, as I said before, the whole scene is currently somewhat dark and hard to read, with the bright parts feeling random and not contributing well to guiding the eye. I think you should work out the colours for the base scene before focusing on the animations and making the highlighted parts stand out.

I want to say though, the animations themselves look nice and are a great touch! I was expecting something much less substantial when you said that the selected part would be highlighted.

Offline Jedemy

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: July 27, 2019, 11:38:15 pm
Thanks for the feedback Eishiya! I've adjusted the darkness a bit, added another animation cycle when things are being selected and did add tiny light source on selected objects.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 12:28:13 am
I think that works a lot better!

The light in the Storage container looks very flat, maybe some indication of the interior of the box could help it look nicer.
I'd also eliminate the glow of the Workshop mini-sub, and have it light up only when selected. Perhaps it could be transparent until then.

Offline appo

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 10:16:31 am
quick mokup, worked on the contrast a bit and changed some colors. made it  more blueish since you are underwater and highlighted the specific areas which you pick

mission area highlighted

workshop highlighted

overall mood/contrast comparison

Offline Jedemy

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: July 28, 2019, 12:59:58 pm
That is a very nice mockup! Especially the background color. I will definitely be making some changes. Thanks appo!

Offline Jedemy

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 04:39:14 pm
Alright, here is the latest update. I didn't want to get things too dark but anyway did add a blue filter to give things a bit more underwater feeling. Also did change the light of the storage box to give some depth.

Offline appo

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: July 28, 2019, 07:03:59 pm
i think its a improvement even tho i wouldnt be so shy on highlighting the active areas.
whats supposed to happen afterwards? do new windows pop up which overlay the graphics?
another way to highlight the area would be to use the ui as a visual guide i made again a quick thing to show what i mean.each line would be active only when you activate the area. you could let it fade in or build up like its "walking" the path pixel by pixel to the station.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 07:09:55 pm by appo »

Offline Jedemy

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: July 28, 2019, 07:20:17 pm
That menu setup is kind of a placeholder for now, i might be changing somethings about that later on. So it wouldn't be very wise to work on such thing but it is a nice idea!

I am planning to add more tiny animations with light effects, it might bring more attention to the selected area.