AuthorTopic: kakiku 's dump  (Read 30065 times)

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

Re: kakiku 's dump

Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 01:06:41 pm
Thx for the comment Rydin, I guess your critic about the head concerns the guitar? if that case, I agree  ;D

here is a wip of the new challenge.. (on my previous post I was saying pixelation's challenge, I meant pixel joint)
theme is a forest, 16 colors alowed

I'm at 15 colors so far, thinking I 'll make one more for AA from the darkest to the darkest green..

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #51 on: April 24, 2007, 02:04:14 pm
I'd say you only need to AA the bright cristal against that pitch dark background, first thing that popped out at me. But maybe that's what you meant by "from the darkest ---- to the darkest green..", ---- being a mystery color which is probably crystal blue :)

Great entries, both for this and the past one! I love the plants on the foreground, really add depth.

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: April 25, 2007, 08:43:44 am
no I didn't mean this  :P
but to create a intermediate color between my too darkest..
done on this:

but of course you 're right, I need to AA the crystal..  ;D

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

Reply #53 on: April 28, 2007, 06:17:05 am
Something was bothering me about the lighting/colors but couldn't find what... :hehe:

I think I found it now  :crazy:

takes me so long time tho.. result of my lack of experience..  :-\

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #54 on: April 28, 2007, 07:18:34 am
   Wow! the shine looks much better without the yellow hue, in the previous pic. I also like how you subtracted the dithering from the biggest crystal. Looks much smoother now. I'm guessing the lower crystals in the center are still a work in progress, as they still seem chunky, and undefinable at some parts. Not as geometrically defined as the upper portions is what I'm basically trying to get at. Also, the detailed crystal being so smooth, now creates a problematic consistency with the rest of the piece; the crystal is so wonderfully done, and smooth, yet the rocks towards the right look very unfinished. I'm just wondering how you'll pull off the smoothness of the water with the light source and ripples...
   Again, this is probably still a work in progress, so I'll hold my tongue for now. Looking great though...
my back hurts...

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 10:50:58 pm
with my experiences, i have found that the best way to create smooth water is with a whole ton of AA'ing. 

thats my 2 cents anyway =P  looks great.
untz untz untz?

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: April 29, 2007, 01:06:12 am
with a ton of AAing and such a small rez I'm afraid it wont look too much like ripples anymore..

Bob: thx for the comment, about the rocks/crystal.. I don't know, for me the rocks don't look unfinished, just more rough.. and that's what I'm looking for.. a contrast of material.. but maybe I did something wrong..  :crazy:
and yeah the bottom of the crystal and some other parts are not done yet.. but after seeing Jamon & ilkke 's entries, it's hard to get back to work on this  :lol:

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #57 on: April 29, 2007, 01:11:36 am
Here's something I've been told the water looks nice in:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Xionight/sklypse.png
...Not sure if it really does, much less whether it'll help any. Looking awesome nonetheless.

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #58 on: April 29, 2007, 06:50:44 am
with a ton of AAing and such a small rez I'm afraid it wont look too much like ripples anymore..

Imho it looks okay, and is still readable as ripples..

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

Reply #59 on: April 29, 2007, 07:49:42 am
nice edit phil thx,  :) I thought Eck meant more AA than this tho I imagined kind of blurry effect.. as he said 'ton' of AA..  I agree with this amount (don't know if I have to precise that I did'nt start AA the water yet ::) )