AuthorTopic: My avvy [WIP]  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Spoon

• View Profile

My avvy [WIP]

on: March 17, 2007, 11:50:52 pm
Hey guys. I'm new to pixel art and I need some help from you.  I have lines for my avatar, but I have no idea how to approach coloring them.  Please help in whatever way you can.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 11:58:08 pm by Spoon »

Offline Bugguy

• Now animated =~~
    • View Profile

Re: My avvy

Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 12:02:33 am
Just go in your kitchen, grab a spoon, and make yours look like it... Maybe you should put some details on the lower part, some spirals, flower like things, I dunno... It looks cheap... Make it something special...
If you can't make it look nice, instead of giving up, post here, so we can help you...   :P :y:
I'm still a newb around here, please be patient TT__TT

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Re: My avvy [WIP]

Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 12:14:22 am
Maybe you should try a more interesting perspective, as this one will actually present some difficulties when choosing how light should refract.
Above that, make it shine, use some fun colors and throw in lots of tiny reflections, i wanna see that  :y:

Offline Spoon

• View Profile

Re: My avvy

Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 12:19:37 am
Just go in your kitchen, grab a spoon, and make yours look like it... Maybe you should put some details on the lower part, some spirals, flower like things, I dunno... It looks cheap... Make it something special...
If you can't make it look nice, instead of giving up, post here, so we can help you...   :P :y:
That's why I'm posting, for suggestions and help on how to color.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 02:04:07 am
You actually really can't color a spoon, I mean, assuming it's a typical sliver spoon; the only reason you might need colors is if the spoon was a different metal, such as gold or brass, or if the spoon was made out of a different material, such as wood or rock.  But I'm just going to assume you want a normal, sliver, reflective spoon.  So, since it is reflective, you just need to pixel a scene warped to the contours of the spoon. Look here.  It might also be of use to you to study Escher's Mirror Ball.  Good luck!  :y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 02:39:17 am