AuthorTopic: [WIP] runcycle update 26.03  (Read 8781 times)

Offline schrumpfkopf

• View Profile

Re: runcycle

Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 12:09:06 pm
thanks for the replys - the thingie on this soldiers back was intended to be a metal-water-bottle of some kind. And yes i will play with the stance and the gun. I'll be back soon. :y:

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 02:03:06 pm
It looks like the arms and legs on each side are syncronised, As in right arm goes forward when right leg goes forward. Try to walk (or run) like this in real life and see if your brain likes it. :)

Haha, there was a guy in my class last semester who did that for his walk cycle assignment.. our instructer asked him to get up and try walking like that, turns out that was actually how he walks...  Very strange guy. 

shrumpfkopf - For such a small sprite i'm very impressed by how well it reads.  I definately agree with changing the tip of the gun for when it moves back and forth, the tip almost looks like a fishing rod.

-Fry

« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 02:06:53 pm by Fry »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 02:13:18 pm
It looks like the arms and legs on each side are syncronised, As in right arm goes forward when right leg goes forward. Try to walk (or run) like this in real life and see if your brain likes it. :)

Haha, there was a guy in my class last semester who did that for his walk cycle assignment.. our instructer asked him to get up and try walking like that, turns out that was actually how he walks...  Very strange guy.

I somehow can't believe that someone walks like that normally. It's totally unbalanced and not comfortable. If he does tho some of the wiring up in his brain must be a bit fucked :D
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Re: [WIP] runcycle

Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 02:31:04 pm
Pretty sure this guy has a combination of autism and OCD.  He walks around the hall pretending to be swinging a light saber from time to time and never changes his clothes. 

Strangest guy i've ever met. His line-work is incrediblely clean, almost robotic accuracy... his rough sketches look like they've already been through all the stages of clean-up.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 02:51:41 pm
Some people do walk like that, it's true. And it's not as uncommon as you guys make it sound. I just can't remember the term for it... and thus I can't look it up and confirm what I just said. Oh well. In any case, I love the little guy.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 04:28:55 pm
Well I have never seen someone walk like that normally and it is extremely energy unefficient.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 06:46:41 pm
That's true. Just saying, it's something that exists.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 08:25:37 pm
it's one of those things that you dont think about much until you notice it.  like people who normally breathe with their mouth instead of their nose.....

guy sounds liek an asperger case to me, but i haven't met him and i dont have an MS in behavioral studies

run cycle looks lovely, just trade the legs and the arms around so that he moves proper and figure out something to do with the gun
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Rynen10K

• żĄ┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 12:22:19 am
Oh, geez...
I didn't even realize I did that  :blind:
I was just going by the backpack thing and not even looking at the legs...

Offline schrumpfkopf

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] runcycle update 26.03

Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 03:36:24 pm
*updated - original post*