AuthorTopic: Jelly Fighters!  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Ricco, the Pirate

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Jelly Fighters!

on: March 16, 2007, 10:34:13 pm
Man, this forum is really inspiring me! I never pixelized so much(or at least tried to) :lol:

Bring it  :mean:

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Re: Jelly Fighters!

Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 11:04:45 pm
My issue with this piece is the anatomy and I can't tell if the green fighter has his back to us or not.

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 11:18:54 pm
I'm happy that you're feeling inspired by the forum, but I'd love to see you continue to work on any one of the 6+ pieces you've started.

Offline Ricco, the Pirate

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 11:59:23 pm
I'm happy that you're feeling inspired by the forum, but I'd love to see you continue to work on any one of the 6+ pieces you've started.
Yes, I had a feeling someone would state that at some point :P I guess now is the time to fix those

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 01:55:53 am
either that, or you could just keep them all in one thread  :)

generally i enjoy your work, but this one I'm not so sure.  this is generally what it looks like when my younger brother (who has no artistic ability) scribbles some random crap down on microsoft paint using the 2x2 brush tool  :-\

on the red guy, the highlight outline overall just looks bad, and the anatomy is wacky all over the place. 

glad that we are inspiring you though ;D

i always browse around here when I'm lost for inspiration.  even though i don't post here much, i think i speak for all of us lurkers when i say that i really do benefit a bunch from this forum, even though I'm not as active as i could be.
untz untz untz?

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 03:18:43 pm
I'd say, don't try to right the anatomy of those jellys because...
They are not human, it IMHO would look more stylish if you gave them some squash and stretch action.

This piece looks good, but it could use some more refinement, like more translucency, some AA to rid the piece of all jaggyness,
maybe some loose jelly(i.e. jelly falling off of the jellys), air bubbles in the jellys, some reflection of the green jelly on the red jelly and vise versa.

These are mostly suggestions, so don't feel compelled to implement them into your piece.

To sum it all up, this piece just needs some more refining. Happy pixeling!