AuthorTopic: [WIP] Self Portrait.  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

[WIP] Self Portrait.

on: March 11, 2007, 12:58:12 pm
Mmm I suppose this is slighty different than fadatars, but it's going to be my avatar once I finish it.... I really want you to tear this peice apart with critique until I've got it perfect :-[. Now, ths has been about 1 week worth of work, for like an half an hour of work every day or so :-X. I would also like some help with the A/A. Anyways, here it is..

Yup.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Re: [WIP] Self Portrait.

Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 01:55:08 pm
Well at the moment it's very messy, i'd suggest cleaning up everything before you continue. Get all the lighting worked out, then build on that. Your palette seems very boring, but i guess it should be fine to work on for the moment.

When i say messy, i mean with the eye shapes, if you look closely you'll see the one on the right is jagged, and the one on the left is a very odd shape (our left). The right side of the nose also has a strange point to it. And your neck looks very wrinkley. So basically just cleannnn.  :y:

Offline snader

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 02:00:13 pm
http://www.pixelsnader.nl/images/Pixel%20Art/portraitEDIT2.PNG

based on your current avatar i assumed your eyes are both the same size, and at the same level..
the hair looked a bit weird too, like it was drawn and then rotated clockwise a bit
but the biggest item (at least for me) is that its kind of messy, like your current avvy.
there were random highlights and shading spots, which makes you look like crumpled paper more then human flesh (again. i assume you're human)
i most likely killed any resemblance to you though.. maybe post a reference so we can critique on likeness?

for now, keep going, you'll get there.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 04:45:58 pm
http://www.pixelsnader.nl/images/Pixel%20Art/portraitEDIT2.PNG

based on your current avatar i assumed your eyes are both the same size, and at the same level..
the hair looked a bit weird too, like it was drawn and then rotated clockwise a bit
but the biggest item (at least for me) is that its kind of messy, like your current avvy.
there were random highlights and shading spots, which makes you look like crumpled paper more then human flesh (again. i assume you're human)
i most likely killed any resemblance to you though.. maybe post a reference so we can critique on likeness?

for now, keep going, you'll get there.

Oh my god! I love your edit. Can I use that pallete, I'll admit I don't really like my current one.. And yeah, looking at it agian, there are many errors, which I will fix, thanks for the comments :) Oh, and for reference, I doubt this looks anyhting like me, I am probably starting over, nad trying to get the likeness down..but I suppose I can post it...

yup, not much likeness..ugh I have alot of work to do :-[
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 04:49:08 pm by Malor »
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.