AuthorTopic: Vanimations  (Read 3322 times)

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Vanimations

on: March 06, 2007, 11:01:24 pm
just a few animated pixels.. from old - new

cant get teh second one right, an edit would be great. i know it needs foot movement but i dont know what kind
極度のレーザーの多色刷りの飛行の浮かぶバナナに対す る非常に熱く熱いロボッ

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Vanimations

Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:50:29 pm
I like the zombie.
Some of your things look a bit messy, and the shadows on the first dude's jacket could use some lightening up.
For the zoombiiie...:
His feet are at a very awkward postition. The lowest pixels on both feet are on the same plane, so I'm thinkin' he's either being seen from straight side-on and is standing tippy-toed, or he's being seen from slightly top-down and his legs are crossed and very unbalanced. Either way, I suggest moving the far leg up a few pixels.
As for the animation, he looks kinda like he's dancing/humping something. I'm pretty sure that's not what you were going for. His legs and hips need tween frames. Right now it's just like he's jerking back and forth. Make it be like:
Starting at the left, accelerate towards the middle, then slow down as he reaches the apex of his forward thrust, then do the same in reverse. This way it'll look like he's got some weight to his movement. And believe you me, that massive back has got to weigh something.
The arms are jerky, too. You just need to smooth them out (which doesn't necessarily mean more frames!) Just do what I said with the legs (accelerate, slow down, reverse. Like a pendulum.) and it should make things look a bit more natural. In fact, just think of the arms as pendulums. They carry their momentum to their apex before it expends and then falls back down.

The orc dude looks cool from the shoulders up, but gollee, that saturated green is....saturated! But I'll just keep to the animation.
Like I said, cool from the shoulders up, but then down it's like...what is he doing? I can tell he's breathing (you pulled that off) but if this is an idle for a game or something similar where the dude's just supposed to be standing there...he looks like he's hyperventilating. Here's a breathing idle I made. Might not be the best example but as you can see, breathing is usually pretty subtle. Now, on an SD sprite like this, you can exaggerate of course, but make sure he's not just having an asthma (or however you spell it) attack.

That's all I can type in the time I've got, so cya. I might add when I get home or make an edit.

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 12:35:12 am
ive tried and i have no idea how to make the "lower body" of the orc better, and what kind of motion it needs
極度のレーザーの多色刷りの飛行の浮かぶバナナに対す る非常に熱く熱いロボッ

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 02:13:00 am
You could make him taller, so you could lengthen his legs and with that space would come more opportunity of movement and better positioning.

I think the zombie's arms should sway back and forth horizontally, rather than going forward and swinging back. I guess it could use tween frames and then slowed down a little as well. I think of zombies as being a lot more sluggish than this fellow seems to be.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 02:14:33 am by Blick »