AuthorTopic: [WIP] Set of RPG Sprites  (Read 2883 times)

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

[WIP] Set of RPG Sprites

on: March 13, 2007, 10:25:16 pm
Been working on this set of bodies recently. The first one is slim, the second muscular and working on a fat one. Am having issues with the spriting and the looks however. C+C

Hawk

Re: [WIP] Set of RPG Sprites

Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 10:48:10 pm
Been working on this set of bodies recently. The first one is slim, the second muscular and working on a fat one. Am having issues with the spriting and the looks however. C+C

© L.P. Project

Here is a reference if you should have any questions on character anatomy and porportions.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 11:13:55 pm
© L.P. Project
Here is a reference if you should have any questions on character anatomy and porportions.

to be honest, i don't think that this is the best reference to go by in this or any of the other threads youve posted it in as a source for character anatomy and proportion.  Different sprites have different styles, and not everything is going to use yours as a reference, especially when its.....pretty much as good as anything else out there, with plenty of room to improve.

artisan, i would suggest first upping the internal contrast so that your pixelwork is visible, and double-check your hip-region anatomy to make sure its is proper.  Also, i would give the fae another go, since it is going in where it should be rounding out..  Once that is figured, we'll have more to talk about.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 08:37:42 pm
The sptires could use alot more contrast, I couldn't tell the muscular one was muscular until I soomed in, and the female lacks acurate female anatomy, even if it is a sprite, it should still look like a female (especially around the chest area, I can barley tell she has breasts), or, if it is a guy, make the chest less....boob-ish. I would laso add a darker skin tone.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.