AuthorTopic: Sprites For Space Shooter/Rhythm Game Needs C+C UPDATE  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Retro#

• View Profile
    • Binary Phoenix
I posted that I was looking for a spriter a while back, but it seems nobody was interested.  I took on the task myself and well I'm no spriter but I wanted to see if you guys could at least give me some C+C so I could make them myself.

If you want to know more about the game, I posted some info here:  http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=3269.msg41300#msg41300

Screenshot of it all in action.

So this is the ship the player controls, I hope to animate the outline later on.  It's supposed to look like a guitar pick.

This is the first enemy I have finished, it's supposed to resemble and eight note, with two of the, line things (I don't know the name of the line).

This is what the ship above looks like with it's shield on (this comes on when the player is not supposed to play the beat, and off only for a second when the beat needs to be played).

The (bullet) that the enemy ship shoots.

The (bullet) that the ship you control shoots.

A badly drawn arrow that comes up when a enemy ship is about to appear.

One of the two layers of the background.  Not sure if I should animate the start to make them spin, or get bigger and smaller, or not.

Any C+C would be great, I hope you can help make this game a better one to look at.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 12:46:29 am by Retro# »

Game Developer

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Re: Sprites For Space Shooter/Rhythm Game Needs C+C

Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 10:24:25 pm
the lines could use some work since they seem to not be linear, probably that was intended, also salute Q.K.  from my part :)

Offline Retro#

• View Profile
    • Binary Phoenix

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 10:30:00 pm
Yeah thanks, the outer lines are supposed to look jagged, like it was a sketch on paper or something.

Game Developer

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:25:01 am
There are going to be a lot of read issues with the game, i predict. having and entirely black and white game is hard, especially when there are patterns in the background, it will be hard to discern between enemies, projectiles, arrows, powerups, the background...

Most SCHMUPS have at least some variety of colors that allow the player to easily tell the differnce between these things. You have to take into consideration how the players eye/brain patterns see things before you decide on such a limited palette. Just something to consider.  Will the 'fuzzy' outlines be animated to look like... radar static? (i guess that's how you'd describe it?)

Offline Retro#

• View Profile
    • Binary Phoenix

Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:46:16 am
I'd really like to have color, lots of it.  It's only the problem that I don't know how to incorporate it and I'm not great at shading.  Also, yeah I imagine I would make the animated outline like static.

Heres an in-game screenshot:

Game Developer

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 10:52:03 pm
I'd really like to have color, lots of it.  It's only the problem that I don't know how to incorporate it and I'm not great at shading.  Also, yeah I imagine I would make the animated outline like static.

Heres an in-game screenshot:

well, you could use colour AA <.< not jsut black to white colors but, black then purple then white colors.Just an idea