AuthorTopic: Smilies and others - I'm back  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Smilies and others - I'm back

on: March 02, 2007, 09:29:39 am
Hello People.  I'm back.  Thanks to my good friend Dan.  Anyway, I'm here posting the only real pixel works i've done over my extended holiday from pixelation, a holiday to hell.  Anyway, to the point. 

Some emoticons I made for a site i'm with.  Ignore the ones to the right of the red line as I was mostly messing around. 

Meh.  First piece I had made in a while.  Can't be bothered changing it, but I'm always open to crits. 

My fadatar redone for the same site as the emoticons. 

Tiny beginnings of a fighter sprite I was doing.  Tried colouring but that was a miserable attempt anyway. 

So yeah, crit away. 

Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: Smilies and others - I'm back

Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 11:06:03 am
Anyway, I'm here posting the only real pixel works i've done over my extended holiday from pixelation, a holiday to hell.

And you bought the tickets all by yourself.
Seeing this thread, I guess you didn't pixel a present for you partner yet, am I wrong?

Anyway... some comments about the smileys. I believe that smileys (overall) should be clear and visible at a first glance, and yours fail to do so. Mainly because your palette colors are too close to each other, and the coloring is rather messy and dirty. Also most of them look cross eyed, making the expressions rather bland.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 11:09:50 am
Yeah.  I have to agree.  I just don't feel like going back and doing it all again at the moment. 

On the subject of Secret Santa, the Street Fighter Thing is doubling as a present.  The finished version will be it.  Mkay. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:39:36 pm
I think your fighter outline could use a little perspective - his feet are perfectly flat and flush with the floor, I'd like to see one foot a little bit aways from the camera, it will make even your silhouette appear to have a lot more depth.

EDIT - you still didn't finish your SS?!!?  WTF?