AuthorTopic: obesity.  (Read 11901 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Re: obesity.

Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 10:39:11 pm
faceless: nah, its probably the piece. ill probably be searching some turkey neck refrences for it soon. good, disgusting is what im going for : D. as for his babymaker, ill look at some sculptures for it( i hope that i dont end up editing it the most out of anything else in the piece)
kren: i see what your saying about the neck, maybe i could exxagerate it and make him even more disgusting that way. what do you mean by plain part?

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 10:50:39 pm
well, disgusting meaning it's sticking out at such an angle that it doesn't look too cool?

i also think his right bicep stands out too much. it's like a sphere attached to his arm.

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 10:53:16 pm
hmm I mean this:
l
ooks great, although it seems as if he's got his belly pushed up against a plane of glass. This is due to the way the highlights are curved around in a circular way as if it is the end of a cylinder.
It still look that way, so there is a plain part. This is my edit(Changed the face even though it didn't ended nice, the neck, the shoulder, and the plain part):

Apart from that, I am amazed with the colours you are using, it gives it a realistic feel.

Offline Soup

• Monkey lovvvvvvve
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 10:57:38 pm
Just wondering, but what are you trying to show about obesity? Is it good? Is it bad? Is it fat?

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 11:36:41 pm
Just wondering, but what are you trying to show about obesity? Is it good? Is it bad? Is it fat?
Since when do pixel art pieces have themes? ???

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 02:27:39 am
good, disgusting is what im going for : D.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 02:58:35 am
one eye again? :P
cmon ryu, give him atleast 2 eyes
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 03:22:02 am
alkaline: i think i may have fixed his bicep since the update, i will put that into account though.
kren: basically you are saying i should take away the major highlight of his stomach?
soup: if anything im trying to get away from my normal great physique, perfectly shaped bodied, extremely ripped figures; if only for one piece. does this guy convey strength and power without such muscularity? if so ive accomplished one of the goals for this piece. im definitely trying to convey grossness aswell.
takam: ok, ok. but 2 eyes wont do, he shall have 3.
edit:
wait, who needs eyes? eyes are overrated.

i cant tell if i like how it looks though. also any help with the forearms would be appreciated, i dont really know how to go about them or the hands really.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 03:54:27 am by Ryumaru »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 05:59:27 am
The arm position is very limp. It's as if he slept on his arms and then woke up and they're dangling about. The muscles are strained as if they're carrying motor function weight, but they're just hanging there. Hands and arms are very expressive, you should use them to portray both function in a storytelling setting, and also emotion. Right now they're doing nothing. They're the biggest fault of the piece, in my opinion.

edit: an idea perhaps

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 06:15:44 am by Helm »

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 06:19:22 am
the left (his right) shoulder seems underdeveloped. I think it's lacking structure. The hand on the same side also has a weird pose to it. I'm not sure if anyone stands with their palms facing forward, it seems very forced, especially since his arms are limp. Also, the anatomy of his member seems... off. Maybe study some groin structure...? ;)