AuthorTopic: Where do you want to be in 5 years - artistically and professionally?  (Read 14649 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday
5 years...
Artistic: In college for some form of art, and improved drastically over my current skill level. I want to be able to create dynamic scenes and anatomically correct characters. I want to be able to paint to some degree. I want to be very good at animation. I want my surreal drawings to take people to the brink of sanity and back.
The brink of terror.
Of euphoria.

Professional: I want to have finished or nearly finished a large game. Probably platformer, but possibly Zelda-esque top-down RPG. I want to paint a mural. I want to begin work on a profitable game. I want to paint a mural.

I want a patch of blue sky to follow me.

Offline Ego

• Rawr
    • View Profile
In 5 years I'm gonna be 18, probably tryin to find some job that pays me enough. I'll probably also be workin' on education so I can be a zoologist. I wanna do fleelance pixels in my free time.
Artistic: I want my ability to stick to a style to increase, and I'm interested in C64. Mostly though, I just want to be good enough for the graphics on a game I plan to work on to be good enough. I also want to draw better.

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor
Professionally - I'd like to be working as a web designer and a graphic designer. Ideally, I'd like to be a freelance designer but I don't mind working under a company.

Artistically - I love to do art from pixels to illustration even sculpture. If I can get good work done, I'd consider having a show or a residency somewhere.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
I know generally of the effects which I wish to accomplish, but I do not yet know the ways to reach them.
So i'm currently searching for the methods for which I'd be capable of approaching these outcomes I have in my mind.
I may not fully get to this point within 5 years as I do not know the distance between, but I do know I am getting closer. :y:

Offline konjak

• anger.
    • View Profile
Professionally:   I hope to have released a freeware game that I feel completely content with (if this counts as pro) and people enjoy. Maybe even be on a path to make games "professionally", mostly something for sale on a platform other than PC.

Artistically:   I hope to have almost perfected my drawing skills. I feel I am on the path to get good with coloring and anatomy, finally. I don't really care how I progress with pixelling or animating, since that's not what I want to do with my life. I'd rather be great at designing and drawing for both art and game ideas.

I just hope it can happen.  :(
I am on a good track with a new freeware game anyway!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:11:02 am by konjak »

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile
Professionally, I want to know what I plan to do and be in training to do it. Vague, yes, but when it's my goal to figure out what I want to do, I guess it's hard not to be vague. I'm thinking doing carpentry at a trade school or something. I'd hope to have a job with health insurance as well. I have a little interest in doing something with pixels, but I'm sure that won't amount to anything real.

Artistically, I want to be better with watercolors, acrylics, maybe pick up playing bass again and hopefully writing somewhat fluently in French. Hopefully getting better at the fundamentals of art happens upon me somewhere within that list.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest
professionally, I want to atleast have a generic, brainless job and can still freelance pixel on the side, but I'd really love to get a contract for a commercial game that doesn't suck :P

artistically, I'll be better in 5 years, especially if pixelation is still running. As long as I improve I'll be happy

5 years I'll be 23...  :watev:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:08:48 am by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps
Man, I can't see past tomorrow  :-\

I'd be perfectly happy doing print ads for a living, though I see my self doing art for personal, non-money reasons til the day I die.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile
Professionally, I want to get my name in the credits of atleast one bestseller game
Artistically, keeping pixelling as a hobby and become better than anyone else in pixelling :P :D

But first I have to pass highschool and go study architecture

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot
Where am I five years from now? Well, after graduating from university I'll hopefully hop aboard either DICE or Starbreeze to get some industry experience, then maybe start an indie-studio, if I can find other people to join me. I hear Capcom is branching out in Europe so there's that possibility too.

In the artistic sense, I'll probably have a stronger style in my drawings. Hopefully I'll have one or several comics in the works and finished. If I could get one published it would be awesome. (and I'm talking about comics in hardcover or pocketbooks. I like to make longer stories)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:37:43 pm by Luzeke »