AuthorTopic: [WIP] "Fadatar"  (Read 4082 times)

Offline AwesomePossum

• I <3 Chomba Womba's
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery

[WIP] "Fadatar"

on: February 17, 2007, 03:12:06 am
I saw that people were making these and I wanted to try one so here it is. I think it kinda needs to be reworked a little and I need some advice.

tomas awsum

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] "Fadatar"

Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 03:17:52 am
Add colours not just a gray scale, also you are using alot of colours for something so simple :p, and some parts seems pillow shaded.

Offline AwesomePossum

• I <3 Chomba Womba's
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 03:26:23 am
I agree with you on the Pillow shaded part and I will update. But is 8 colors too many? I thought 8 would be small enough...I could be wrong though, I am very new to pixeling.

tomas awsum

Offline AwesomePossum

• I <3 Chomba Womba's
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 11:05:48 pm
Here I though my hat would be good cover up on my non-abilities on hair. Any Better than before?

tomas awsum

Offline Kame

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 02:24:28 am
AwesomePossum = 2awesome4apossum?

Anyway, it's alright. The bottom of the head seems very, very flat, though. Are you chubby? Because although the sides of the head aren't very chubby, the whole shape of the head implies chubiness. Also, outlining darker shades with lighter ones doesn't seem right with whatever lighting you're using here. It looks like the light source is above and slightly in front of the head? Given the number of shades you're using, it could definitely use some more AA'ing as well, especially on the line borders.

Offline AwesomePossum

• I <3 Chomba Womba's
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery

Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 12:04:23 am
Yes I am slightly on the chubby i hate to admit....but i think i could update with better aa'ing. But since I am new to pixeling to you have any advice  on  how to get non pillow shading from my ligt source?

tomas awsum

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 12:13:48 am

Just a visual for what i would do when you AA. Use all the colours available that work with it! Also tried to give more shape to that eyebrow. Take from it what you will, personally i would add more buffer shades, especially for that highlight. Keep it up.

Offline AwesomePossum

• I <3 Chomba Womba's
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery

Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:42 am
Okey doke, Thanks Lar. I used your AA'ing on the hat and took your advice on the eye brows. But I though the "pillow shading" was just showing my features. Am  I wrong?

Oh well, heres the update. Please say which one is better (look at the outline of the hat, It's kinda different).

and

tomas awsum