AuthorTopic: Crits to help improve my lighting techniques..  (Read 6022 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: Crits to help improve my lighting techniques..

Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 04:38:59 pm
can I PLEASE color that? I doubt it will help you much, but it looks like so much fun to color :-[
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 04:40:01 pm
If you want to improve lighting, i would suggest taking a higher angle of light that creates more cast shadows.  right now you've chosen two angles that do not cast any for the way you've chosen to render the forms (which in the second i find it hard to believe, because even if the light source is low enough to cast light on the (head?) under the hand/body, it seems like on of the two legfingers would case a shadow across it somewhere like:

Im in a hurry to work so the ground shadow isn't perfect, there are a few things that didnt line up since i just eyeballed it, but i was just trying to show the cast shadow over the face i was imagining.  Take it or leave it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 04:41:35 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 05:50:21 pm
can I PLEASE color that? I doubt it will help you much, but it looks like so much fun to color :-[
Well, the lines arent his in the first place, so yes, you can.