AuthorTopic: Need help unifing my pallette  (Read 2716 times)

Offline DJ gman

• what a secksy beast
    • View Profile

Need help unifing my pallette

on: February 14, 2007, 01:57:41 am

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/gmangames/tilesetall2-5.png
This is my character template sheet and i need some help. i want all my sprites to unify in thier pallette. im a bit confused on how as to do it. i want them to have the look od the knight but they all seem duller. i also want them to be able to fit in well with my background including the knight. any suggestions on how to approach this?

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Need help unifing my pallette

Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 06:05:25 am

133 -> 28

May have lost some information here and there, but I'd choose 28 colors over 133 any day.

How do you end up using so many colors  ????
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline updownleftright

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 02:17:31 pm
I'd guess he drew each of them seperately and then chucked them onto the character sheet just to show us.

Stil, nice reduction Rydin... The only thing that really suffers is the clawed animal, it looks like the reds and browns took the biggest hit.

Offline DJ gman

• what a secksy beast
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 06:40:31 pm
Actually i think it might have been where i uploaded on photobucket some and might have copied and pasted some that got darkened.
but generally i did everything on the same sheet all at once.The color reduction helps with me getting all my general colors back but,
what i was going for was how could i make all the characters match the style of the knight. he seems to pop out the most outta them all and he seems to have a lot more contrast.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 06:43:53 pm by DJ gman »