AuthorTopic: [WIP] Skull, pallete help PLEASE, Revamp anyone?  (Read 7400 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

[WIP] Skull, pallete help PLEASE, Revamp anyone?

on: February 11, 2007, 10:54:40 pm
Right, this is going to eventually become the first frame of the fadatar I am working on (without the x2 zoom thing XD) but, I jsut can't seem to get the pallete right, would someone be so kind as to provide me with some tips, or even provide me with a pallete they think will suit the peice? And, C/C on the skull its self is appreciated. thanks :D

C/C is GREATLY appreicated, and a pallete :-[

Update 1-

Thnaks for the reference pic Skull ;D

now, to get a decent pallete  :huh:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 11:26:00 pm by Malor »
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Re: [WIP] Skull, pallete help PLEASE

Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 10:58:34 pm

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 11:03:17 pm
oh dear, my skulll is off by a mile :'(
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline AIGuy

• Type your personal text here.
    • View Profile
    • AIZone

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 02:37:10 am
For some reason I like it the way it is, though.  It looks...not-real, but cool somehow.  I don't know what it is.
Type your signature here.

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 02:41:12 am
For some reason I like it the way it is, though.  It looks...not-real, but cool somehow.  I don't know what it is.

Ah I love to hear that  ;D

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 03:05:52 am
well, is this gonna go anywhere? Seems to just be sitting here... decaying. revamp it already.

Offline MrNormS

• Rock and Roll.
    • View Profile
    • http://vitamintwo.com

Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 05:45:20 am
I would do a straight redo if anything.  It doesn't even really look stylized; to me it just looks wrong.  That is, of course, because the proportions, shapes etc. aren't right. 

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 10:08:23 pm
I am planning to redo it this weekend, I don't have time during the week, but I am planning a full revamp soon.

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 10:23:52 pm
..You've got the idea, down.   :P

I've made this, if it helps, you can use for reference:

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 10:44:33 pm
That is excellent! Thanks! I love the help you have given me, and I will work on the revamping..I think I actually have time now so I'll start ;D

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Skull, pallete help PLEASE, Revamp anyone?

Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 11:26:27 pm

thanks Skull ;D

Offline AIGuy

• Type your personal text here.
    • View Profile
    • AIZone

Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 04:38:22 am
Skulls are perfectly symmetrical unless they've been banged up, so I think you should make your lineart symmetrical.
Type your signature here.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 12:03:14 pm
Actually, it's quite symmetrical 'cept for the teeth, which are often not all that symmetrical (my aren't ;\) However, this needs a lot of polish. Google image on skull and just gorge upon all the skullness and try to apply it on your own pixelled skull :]

EDIT: Sorry for my bad english. The english language, for me, has become something of a playground where I bend rules as I see fit with the benefit of never having to think. Sorry for the ear- (or eye-)burning, mate.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 03:13:36 pm by Jad »
' _ '

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 01:22:14 pm
Actually, it's quite symmetrical 'cept for the teeth, which are often not all that symmetrical (my aren't ;\) However, this needs a lot of polish. Google image on skull and just gorge upon all the skullness and try to apply it on your own pixelled skull :]

My ears are burning...

Anyway, that's looking more like it. Now how about some definition.

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Skull, Revamp anyone?

Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 08:45:17 pm
thank you all, working on the mcoloring, the definition will probably come with that  ;D some of the basic shading has been put down, alot more refining to do...

I like my pallete

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 09:37:23 pm
right. I have come to the conclusion, that I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to A/A.

Offline Kame

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 10:39:26 pm
Your lineart is still way off and needs way more improvement before coloring.

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/871517/

That is a pencil sketch drawn by me. Since photographic references don't seem to have helped you much, maybe it will, since it's really just lineart itself.

The shape of your skull (well, your pixelart, anyway) varies very little, it's way too straight, the yes are enormous, and it doesn't look like bone. On my drawing, you can see it's kind of crowded because it's only the bone that the skin eventually goes onto. yours looks more loose and unconnected and complete, like an actual face, rather than bare bones.

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 10:52:41 pm
Your lineart is still way off and needs way more improvement before coloring.

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/871517/

That is a pencil sketch drawn by me. Since photographic references don't seem to have helped you much, maybe it will, since it's really just lineart itself.

The shape of your skull (well, your pixelart, anyway) varies very little, it's way too straight, the yes are enormous, and it doesn't look like bone. On my drawing, you can see it's kind of crowded because it's only the bone that the skin eventually goes onto. yours looks more loose and unconnected and complete, like an actual face, rather than bare bones.

I am addressing that not..bone..ishness during the coloring. but, thanks for the help, Ill work on it.