AuthorTopic: [nudity] Girl in blue  (Read 6424 times)

Offline spunos

• View Profile

[nudity] Girl in blue

on: February 08, 2007, 07:46:07 pm
Long time lurker, first time poster, reporting for duty. Hello all, nice to meet you!

I have to admit I feel a little nervous about posting here, I haven't been pixelling very long so I'm not very skilled yet :-[ But here goes...

It's a... topless hindu spider cow smurf god. Or something. Uh, anyway, I've put a lot of time and effort into this piece, but it still just doesn't look good to me. Maybe I've been staring at it too long, I'm not sure... I would be very grateful if any of you could tell me what you think. Thanks for your time :)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: [nudity] Girl in blue

Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:49:15 pm
nicely done. I think her skin is a little to shiney.. I love the hands, all in all a nice job :D
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline spunos

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 08:42:41 am
Thank you! The hands were rather difficult, so I'm happy that you like them ;D

I tried removing some of the shine on the skin, but to be honest, I think I prefer the shiny version. This makes it look a little too dull...

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:17:41 am

Look and behold, brave warrior, at the destruction I have wrought.

Destruction being anti aliasing.
See how it's got less jaggies now?
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline spunos

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 10:31:51 am
Wow, that looks a lot better :o Less jaggies, as you said, but also much nicer colours. *saves it for further examination*

I'm not so fond of her left knee though...

Thanks Sherman!

Offline Grynz

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 05:00:36 pm
In my opnion, you should move her breasts down, and make the blue brighter.

Offline vellan

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 05:05:47 pm
the breasts really stand out as wonky. they seem to be pointing in the wrong direction, are to high in her chest, and are oddly lit.

really love the hand gestures. they are great.

Offline spunos

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 08:06:14 pm
Well, this update certainly took more time than it should have. I'm a slow pixeller...

-->

Old on the left, new on the right. I changed and added some colours (totalling 16 now, including transparency), added some AA in various places, tried to fix the boobs (not sure if this looks better or worse...) and made some minor cosmetic changes.

I'm really not sure if I'm on the right track with piece. The AA looks kind of messy to me, and the outlines are still very jagged. Should I just keep adding colours until everything is AA'd or is there a more elegant solution?

Offline Stag

• i am shite at pixel art.
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 08:27:02 pm
Nice job, spunos, the old breasts were a bit crap :P
You've done well on the lighting, too, it looks a lot more natural, but the left leg just doesn't look right to me.
Lol i'm not one to judge really, my best work (my avatar lmao) is owned by your goat-tiara smurf-vishnu.
The Rolling Stones wrote reallly crap songs, so that other bands could do really good versions of them.

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 05:56:27 am
Interesting picture. I however don't like the shape of the cloth thing behind her...  doesn't look right. It gives me more of a hard shell feeling.