AuthorTopic: White hair can be tough  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Fizz

• View Profile

White hair can be tough

on: February 04, 2007, 12:07:05 am
Any ideas on how to make his hair have a greater sense of depth?  And could I use better colors for the hair? (Note: The face's colors were borrowed from one of St0ven's tutorials)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:11:31 pm by Fizz »

Offline That One Guy

• Project Faust Head Designer
    • View Profile

Re: White hair can be tough

Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 04:53:36 am
You could always hue shift it a little bit over into a grey blue going into a very lightish blue or something.

I never edit other people's work just because I wanna make sure they can do it themselves. ;D
--Project Faust
Current Game
-~Castle Of The Dying Moon~-

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 05:15:34 am

I would say the first thing you could do to add some depth would be to make the hair follow the same lighting as the face.

As for the colors, I'd say it's up to the mood you want to portray, for now.  If you want the greatest depth, go from as dark as possible the as bright as possible.  Maybe investigate chiaroscuro if you're feeling up to it.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Atrophy

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 05:30:37 am

Im not that great.. actualy im not good at all with hair but I think you should do somthing like I did.
First I added a bit more lenth onto the front, then i changed up the palette to have some blue in there, and last i shaded folowing the light souce on the face.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 05:32:45 am by K0re »

Offline Fizz

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 10:11:07 pm

Yay, I finished it. I added a subtle violet on the dark side.  Thank you everyone who tried to help. :)

Any other crits?