AuthorTopic: Wind woman Signature  (Read 2794 times)

Offline AnarchoElk

• View Profile

Wind woman Signature

on: October 01, 2008, 01:42:17 am

After waiting awhile I decided to try making a signature sized piece, everything else I've done so far has been a lot smaller scale, and when I attempted larger pieces they came out terrible.

I decided to try out a couple techniques I've seen here, and have attempted to stay away from some of the other things I've seen people told off of, such as pillow shading and banding.

This is version 2, unfortunately I saved over version 1. Any crits would be good, but since this is my first somewhat larger piece (though still small) I'd really appreciate some feedback on my attempt at dithering, AA, shading in general, and lines.

"vaccinations enable human beings to live at the socially and ecologically destructive densities that make infectious disease a problem."

Offline skamocore

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/10442.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Wind woman Signature

Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 01:57:54 am
*Maybe try increasing the contrast a bit, especially in her hair and face.
*Why not AA the clouds and windmill?
*Put a little more effort into the smaller clouds instead of just copying and pasting them.
*Also your dithering in her hair seems a bit sloppy, in fact I would steer away from dithering hair altogether.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:09:44 am
Welcome to pixelation.

What he said and the RULES say that sigs on this forum may only be 400x64 pixels max. So yours is to high. Please rectify this.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline AnarchoElk

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:41:49 am
Odd size, most go to 100 hence the sizing, but ok.

I've went ahead and tried to incorporate the suggestions making the shading have more contrast, individualizing the clouds, and removing the failed attempt at dithering.

I haven't AA'd the clouds or windmill yet, I'll get on that.

I've AA'd the windmill and the clouds now as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 03:08:27 am by AnarchoElk »

"vaccinations enable human beings to live at the socially and ecologically destructive densities that make infectious disease a problem."