AuthorTopic: StreetFighters III 3rd Strike Characters and some pixels I made  (Read 3616 times)

Offline llshadow

• View Profile
Size 32X32
Just for fun
hope U like them

they're ALEX HUGO ???(I don't get the old man's name...) yin in SFIII

Here are some pixel works I made recently

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: StreetFighters III 3rd Strike Characters and some pixels I made

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 06:46:14 pm
hey i like these a lot - they're a little on the pale side, and probably a little too outline dependent.  I'd push your palette, and maybe add a shared highlight value to help these little guys really pop.  I edited your dino, since dinosaurs are AWESOME:

rawr!  The only things I changed were the palette, the heavy outlines in some areas, and I added a couple of highlights here and there with a new color.  the vast majority of the sprite's actual pixel positions are untouched - but look how much more this one pops!  and without overusing outlines!

When you're working at this size, especially at 1x zoom, you can get away with some huge jumps in your ramps, and really you need to in ordder to get the sprite to pop out.  The clothes on the orange street fighter guy are just right in that respect - actually those top two street fighter sprites both do a pretty dang good job, but it falls by the wayside on a lot of the others.  The only reason that you might want to eschew outlines a bit at this resolution is you don't have much space to begin with, and they really do chew up pixels, when you can frequently use them to add more color and volume information.  Also they can have a detrimental effect on the the apparent contrast of your palette.  Nice stuff, hope this helps!

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 08:39:38 pm

Alex -- Hugo
Oro -- Yun

I like them, very much. Nice details, and the general character appearence is great.

Offline o_8

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 12:32:38 am
Hahah these are cute- I like the shape of Alex and Yun's legs in particular. Kind of reminds me of what a cell phone or pocket SF3 game might look like or something XD

Offline llshadow

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 01:19:06 pm
Thanks AdamAtomic a lot!!!