AuthorTopic: Vehicles Challenge  (Read 41870 times)

Offline pixelaro

• View Profile

Re: Vehicles Challenge

Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 06:59:53 pm
Nice animation, I like how the wheel turns to the side. :) the only thing thats looking of is that the animation is reversed and the belt and the wheel therefore goes backwards for some frames.
:::....

Offline Brian the Great

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 09:09:17 pm
Heh, thanks. I just added the reversed animation in the end because from gradually changing from land to sea and then jumping back to land again might look a little sloppy. I fixed it now, hope you like it better now  ;)

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 10:00:37 pm
2.) The vehicle has to be practical.
Example: You can’t have a tank that sprouts wings and flies.  It has to be something that could possibly work.
5.) You have a choice of styles you want to choose.
A.) Stone Age
B.) Futuristic
C.) World War II era
D.) Leonardo De Vinci

pfft what is this?

ill see if i can make something but if its not practical im not gonna care. how do you say we have to make something that is practical and then say we can create something that is futuristic. I think that anything then would be therefore made up seeing as we dont know what to expect from the future, so how can you say that it would be impractical or not.

I dont know really...i just think you didnt know what you were doing when writing up this challenge. Because for all you know, there really could be a tank that sprouts wings and flies in the future.

ps. Leonardo Da (not de) Vinci is a person, not a time era.
1. I never said you had to participate in this challenge
 2. I never called it a time era you just inferred that I was only using time eras while it clearly states styles, as CAG pointed out as well.
 3. This challenge has been already been commented on by Peppy, the other Daijins and Daihyos, your opinion will be considered yet it unlikely to affect an already released challenge.
Anyway nice job so far on submissions.
CAG love yours, yet why no saddle?  Why do you think the Native Americans died out?  It wasn't disease or mass murder, no... It was all their men riding horses saddle less and crushing their jewels.
Pixelaro it didn't have to be original as long as it wasn't a direct copy.  Great ship though.
Brian, wahoo yes someone did an animation!  I would have gotten a chuckle out of it if little yellow floatie rings popped out the side to keep it afloat.

Sorry I don't know how to spell peoples names from a long time ago.

EDIT: Heh yeah Indigo that was me a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 05:59:04 pm by BrotherInWar »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 10:53:10 pm
 :o You mean my history teacher lied!?!?!?!?
Damn! Wasted 4 years of High School!
By the way, I really like your uh... Amphibious Vehicle, Bryan teh Graet. Reminds me of Transformers...
Pixelaro, I never seen it before, but speaking on techical terms, that ship is kewl. The cockpit glass seems pretty good to me, though I don't think you need that many light glares. Just one on the surface and maybe four adjacent darker shades underneath if you have another layer of glass.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 11:42:22 pm
Another important fact in history that few teachers know and none want to tell you is Columbus was actually corrupt and Spain sent him on that voyage to get rid of him because they thought for surely he would die out on the wild ocean.  He also brought 4 ships not the originally perceived 3.  The Santa Lucia packed with pigs that for some odd reason were taught to swim.  A group of local Indians found them on shore and herded them in a fenced in area round a tree.  The tree got zapped by lightning and caught fire and cooked all the pigs.  The pigs’ bodies were thrown into a pot with gravy and eaten.   And furthermore Napoleon was not a midget!!!
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 12:48:28 am
Then you make a damn vehicle representing Leonardo Da Vincis style...i dont think thats going to work. Can someone please prove me wrong and make a Leonardo Da Vinci submarine that flies or something.
alexander

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 03:55:55 am
you're on.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #27 on: October 03, 2005, 09:48:51 am
Oh no! alex you've enraged the pixel deity lief... Now you've done it!
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 11:31:54 pm

I guess I was naive when I wouldnt hear that term used again =/

personally, I belive this is more a matter of research and production design, rather than any illustration skills which is what we know Lief for.

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: October 04, 2005, 01:02:05 am

gah... we're all students.

camus: i have actually *spanner spanner* just *hammer* completed the working prototype.  After a quick test flight-dive I shall position it in my yard so I can pixel it. ;)