AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 210335 times)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #620 on: March 18, 2007, 04:05:17 am
Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez seem to share a similar complex.

*cough* http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462322/ *cough*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 04:14:38 am by Stwelin »

Offline abzdragon

• cupcake unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Fishbowl Designs

Reply #621 on: March 18, 2007, 04:07:29 am
If Frank Miller should be criticised about his sexism, it should be over how he is apparently no longer able to write a female character who isn't a ninja, a whore, or ultimately a ninja whore.
Oh god yes I totally agree! Lmao! Not to mention Every woman he draws is naked with huge tits and pointy nipples. Wtf? lol. It was totally unneccesary for Marv's parole officer to be a naked lesbian. I also felt like the sex scene in that movie was never gonna end.

That isn't really a bad thing. Seeing as that's how Seven Samurai is. Which is my favourite action movie btw.
You're right. It isn't a bad thing. But I am just saying that this was interesting. I hadn't seen a fighting movie in this same type of genre do anything quite like that before. I also enjoyed the capes... they billowed at all the right moments XD

Doesn't Leonidas at one point in the movie refer to the athenians as boy-lovers?
Didn't the Spartans historically take boy lovers as well? Or am I mistaken?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #622 on: March 18, 2007, 04:09:17 am
yes yes all the ancient greeks, they poked into everything, the lot of them.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #623 on: March 18, 2007, 04:13:38 am
I actually liked the slowed down fighting scenes. nothing annoys me more than when the battles are a flickering screen going between black, and then a frame of someone being sliced in half, then another frame of black, then a frame of someone swinging a sword... Lord of the Rings battlescenes just looked like someone was running back and forth in front of the camera. It's like trying to watch a wrestling match through a mob's legs and elbows.

Batman Begins was also horrible about this. there was not even enough light to tell there was a fight going on, you just had to assume Batman was winning because of all the punching noises and henchmen moaning.

Offline abzdragon

• cupcake unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Fishbowl Designs

Reply #624 on: March 18, 2007, 04:20:04 am
I actually liked the slowed down fighting scenes.
Hooray! Another fan!  :lol:

Batman Begins was also horrible about this. there was not even enough light to tell there was a fight going on, you just had to assume Batman was winning because of all the punching noises and henchmen moaning.
That made me -lol-, I have to agree tho despite how much I loved the movie itself. I am really picky about fight scenes tho. I HATED in King Arthur where no one bled! What's up with that! I have been mortally wounded and instantly cartarized. *death* ... lame

@ Helm: lol, good to know. ;)

Anyway I stand by my :y: despite the historical inaccuracies. ^^

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #625 on: March 18, 2007, 04:21:01 am
because of all the punching noises and henchmen moaning.

less like Batman Begins and more like Batman Comes

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #626 on: March 18, 2007, 04:24:13 am
And with that... i'm going to bed.

Hahaha. oh. wow.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #627 on: March 18, 2007, 04:27:20 am
i liked the LotR battles, since they felt very frantic.  it's funny though that you should talk about LotR as a series that didnt abuse slow-mo ^^

Comic book artists do have a bad habit of falling into that trap of the large whores.

the trick of miller is that i don't know if he ever did characters that werent ninja-whores.  his first significant female character was elektra afterall :P

Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

wow, that's as bad as the jokes we make at wendy's after midnight.......which probably means i should follow stwelin's suit and also go to bed.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #628 on: March 18, 2007, 04:31:06 am
khorin - do you mean the one attached to the Band of Brothers films?  that is a good one.

Attached to Band of Brothers? This: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_We_Fight_(2005_film) ?
I have the whole series and I didn't see anything about the one I linked. Maybe it's just a different one with the same name. I don't like giving synopsis so I'll just let the almighty wiki do the talking. heh

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #629 on: March 18, 2007, 06:13:10 am
None the less, I liked the movie, and I agree with Abz's statement in that it's JUST A FRIGGIN' MOVIE! Just take it for what it is, and have fun with it. No I don't worship Frank Miller, or adore his art( in fact his style just doesn't appeal to me at all...). But I really like 2 of his movies. And that's that....

Also, slow-mo is pretty fun sometimes, but too much makes it a bit tacky. I'm also not a fan of some of the newer Asian shaolin movies, and what not. I really hate the floating, and the painfully slow thrusts, where people are diving at their opponents where the opponent some how becomes light as a feather and dodges the attack by doing a double back flip landing on his fingertips and blah, blah.... I miss actual physics being involved in these fights.

Oh, and I just saw Bridge to Terabithia: Didn't read the book, and I didn't really like the movie. It felt too "kiddy" for me. Just not my style I guess...
my back hurts...