AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 208250 times)

Offline OMGFossil

• View Profile
    • Glorious Pantyshot Appreciation Society 2000

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #110 on: January 20, 2007, 03:13:45 am
woo i decided to come back here :D

Does anyone else have a horde of dreams when you sleep when sick?

I do. And I wake up constantly, so I can get up to a dozen different dreams a night. Being entertained when sleeping is awesome.
i get them all the time, not when im just sick

whats annoying though that almost all my dreams have a video game influence but they're still pretty cool

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #111 on: January 20, 2007, 04:22:39 am
Wouldn't it be a big ol coincidence if it was depth dwellers
http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/depthdwellers/depth.zip.html
Some guy on another site was looking for that earlier; and i was the only one who could find it.

If it's not (chances are)
you might try this list.
http://www.dosgames.com/g_3d.php
I'm not sure if it's all pc stuff or what.

You could just try looking at a mac gaming site too, there's like 10 games for mac :-* ::) ::) :crazy:

hmmm... nope. the one i am looking for isn't really a first person shooter. it's like a 3d arcade game. there are no textures, everything is just like... vector. no sprites, textures, just colored geometrical polygons. you shoot little triangles too.

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #112 on: January 22, 2007, 02:04:34 am
I noticed that there's a few Texan fighting game fans here, and to you guys I ask: did you go to Texas Showdown last year? Do you plan on going this year? What games do you guys play?

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #113 on: January 22, 2007, 04:29:49 am
I emailed my classmate asking whether we're gonna have questions all everything we covered this semester on the World Politics midterm, or just questions on the assigned articles.

She answered "Yea"

I don't know what that means!  Dammit now I'm gonna have to actually read my notes and such.  Eeek.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #114 on: January 22, 2007, 05:09:39 am
I noticed that there's a few Texan fighting game fans here, and to you guys I ask: did you go to Texas Showdown last year? Do you plan on going this year? What games do you guys play?

I didn't go last year but I heard it was pretty fekkin terrible as far as how it was run. Quite a debacle. Lost sponsors, not enough equipment, bigtime delays, etc. The only good things I heard was from people who hung out and played games at their hotels. But I do plan on going this year, even though my skillZ have withered to the point of trashy sub-scrub.

This year's tournament will be held as part of an anime convention, so at the very least I can laugh at cosplay geeks/hit on cosplay girls.

I mostly play 3rd Strike and KOF. I suck at GG but I'm slowly getting there. Hate MVC2, decent in CVS2 and Alpha 2/3. I like Melty Blood but there's no comp, and I won't touch Tekken/SC/VF.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:12:19 am by pkmays »

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #115 on: January 22, 2007, 05:41:07 am
Leel: I look back on high school and realize that most of it was pretty useless. I shouldn't have been allowed to graduate. I'm the reason our school system sucks so bad. It's damn near impossible to screw up during those years. I can't even remember how many classes I failed... algebra I, geometry, biology, chemistry, English 10, I really should have failed physics, economics and English 12, but just got lucky. Then managed to scrape up enough D's and half assed correspondence courses to earn my diploma in time. It seems really stressful when it's happening, when you're spending nights looking over notes and basically doing everything I never did do, but you'll probably go to college and realize how trivial it all was. That's what I did. Then I failed out of college/dropped out. I don't know if my point is "don't worry so much" or "worry more, or you'll be a fuck up like me", I forgot where I was going with all of this.

Strangely enough, the only class I really excelled in was AP Government. The only AP class I ever took. Unless you count gym. I was a pickle ball badass, playing with a broken arm and still getting a top spot in the tournament.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:46:47 am by Blick »

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #116 on: January 22, 2007, 06:16:55 am
I didn't go last year but I heard it was pretty fekkin terrible as far as how it was run. Quite a debacle. Lost sponsors, not enough equipment, bigtime delays, etc. The only good things I heard was from people who hung out and played games at their hotels. But I do plan on going this year, even though my skillZ have withered to the point of trashy sub-scrub.

This year's tournament will be held as part of an anime convention, so at the very least I can laugh at cosplay geeks/hit on cosplay girls.

I mostly play 3rd Strike and KOF. I suck at GG but I'm slowly getting there. Hate MVC2, decent in CVS2 and Alpha 2/3. I like Melty Blood but there's no comp, and I won't touch Tekken/SC/VF.
Yeah, it wasn't run very well at all. I ended up staying till 4 effing AM in the morning just to lose in KOF XI and GGXX. The only ones I've played seriously, or at least tried to have been KOF, SF(except the Alphas), T5, DOA(3, though I did pretty well during casuals for 4), tried GG but I just can't play that game with a stick (where it matters), and I'm best at Project Justice/Rival Schools.

Sadly, no one else plays PJ seriously except for me, it seems.

What's the convention called that's going to hold TS7? It's not Anime Matsuri, is it?

EDIT: Answered my own question there. I was planning on going to this convention, but didn't know TS7 was gonna be there.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:22:58 am by Khris »

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #117 on: January 22, 2007, 06:20:31 am
It is. Hopefully the anime tie-in will draw some competition from Japan.

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #118 on: January 22, 2007, 06:24:51 am
Yeah, apparently Planet Zero (the arcade hosting the convention) made plans with four arcades in Japan to get their best to compete and then bring them down here to compete against us (http://www.animematsuri.com/_showdown.html ). Looks like I've got a few months to refine my skills...

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #119 on: January 22, 2007, 06:31:00 am
Cool. When the Japanese show up, you can usually count on the better Cali players to make the trip for some good comp. I doubt I'll be able to even remotely place in anything, but I'd still like to go for the experience. Better start saving up...