AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 210398 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #540 on: March 11, 2007, 10:33:04 pm
Has anyone seen this guy's stuff? It's really awesome. Some of, if not the best animations I've ever seen done in flash. My favorite is The Yuyu, but all the Brackenwood ones are...ace.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:38:32 pm by Xion »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #541 on: March 11, 2007, 11:06:19 pm
ah yeah, his stuffs very cool, I actually check up newgrounds (hate the place so much) every so often to see if hes made something new
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #542 on: March 12, 2007, 12:15:45 pm
There should be a word for those times when you try to look up something on Wikipedia and then find yourself clicking links and losing yourself in meaningless facts and background information for hours. It's like being abducted, they first real me in when I try to find out how many seasons Pete & Pete ran for, which stems off to "Whatever happened to Danny Tamberelli?" (He plays bass and sings for a band, Jounce, now.) Then I also look up Michelle Trachtenberg, she was on Pete & Pete, because I mean... who can forget her, especially if you've seen Eurotrip, right? Then I start wondering about other Nickelodeon shows, like Clarissa Explains It All (her computer in the series was apparently an Amiga, and she liked They Might Be Giants) and I start clicking links to IMDB and find myself all the way at Rotten Tomatoes reading about Bridge to Terabithia, which I'm still too afraid to watch because I know I'll cry, which I don't want to do in a theater, but I remember bawling reading that damn book in fourth grade.

It's 4 in the morning and I remember I looked up Pete & Pete at 2:30... I just spent an hour and a half of my life lost in an information overload.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #543 on: March 12, 2007, 06:10:48 pm
I know what you're talking about, Blick.  This comic summarizes that situation quite nicely.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #544 on: March 12, 2007, 09:42:20 pm
goodnight, sweet placeholder

also fun:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:46:22 pm by Zolthorg »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #545 on: March 13, 2007, 02:09:35 am

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #546 on: March 13, 2007, 02:42:01 am

Fucking cool indeed! Me wants!!!

There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #547 on: March 13, 2007, 02:54:57 am
Its sad he's struggling to find a publisher, especially when games like "Horsez" and "Catz" make it to the shelves easily

http://popsci.typepad.com/popsci/2007/03/the_nintendo_ds.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:07:30 am by .TakaM »

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #548 on: March 14, 2007, 03:45:24 pm
wow cool!

(btw where the hell is pkmays?, last active:  February 15, 2007, 04:59:49 AM)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #549 on: March 16, 2007, 02:16:20 am
And Xion stood up, toes barely grazing the tower that rose above the earth, spiraling miles and miles into the atmosphere. His eyes pulsed and swirled with delight as they consumed the vision that they long sought to behold; the earth. It lay far below, cut in half by day and night, a lingering twilight slowly rushing to consume the earth in darkness and leaving behind its previously conquered domain to be reclaimed by the dawn. In the wake of the twilight, beyond the reach of the sun, there lay night. This darkness was permeated only by the glimmering earth-stars of man's territory. Galaxies and universes all contained within clusters of brightness and separated by vast expanses of nothingness. Galaxies. Universes. Men. And Xion stood atop his tower, gazing down upon it all. Upon them all.

Then he heard a voice call out from above him. Xion turned and, to his eternal dismay, faced another tower, nearly twice the height of his own. He craned his neck to see what being sat atop this pillar. Who could possibly stand higher than him? What vioce had the audacity to call down upon him? There, among the stars, he saw a pale face straddled by long black hair. Slit eyes peered down from above their greek domain, and the mouth even further below was stretched into a wide smile.

"Hello!" said the man who stood higher than Xion.

"Who are you?" Cried out Xion, terrified and intrigued by this strange man. "How did you rise so high?"

The man simply continued his proud grin. After ages it seemed, the man spoke again, and all the stars around him quaked with the sound of his voice: "I am...The Helm."

1000th post, woo!