AuthorTopic: God of War  (Read 3290 times)

Offline dyuaru

• Funkitized!
    • View Profile

God of War

on: January 05, 2007, 08:44:44 pm

Need some help fixing the legs and his stance. It seems a bit off to me and I'm not sure exactly which direction it should be facing and was hoping you guys could help me out. Any other comments or problems that you find with it feel free to tell me  :)

And if you cant tell, its supposed to be the character from the playstation game god of war.
http://latte.overcoffee.com/de/images/333_Video_Game_Alliance/gow4.jpg
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:48:01 pm by dyuaru »
-Okashii Game Development-

Offline ep

• View Profile
    • my deviantArt

Re: God of War

Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 10:55:02 pm
I think some brighter colours and some more contrast would help it stand out, as it is now it is hard for me to tell that it is supposed to be Kratos (I think that is his name).  Pick a more crimson red so that it stands out may help alot in seeing that that isn't a shadow of sorts (which is what I first thought)  Also the outline/glow looks really weird but I can see that it is necessary to define the limits of the sprite with the background color you picked.

As for the stance the legs seem short and the posture looks like he should be in a half-squat either crouching or about to lunge.  Maybe try having the upper leg closest to us go to the left more and have the bottom of the leg cut back a tad as it comes to the ground.  Based on his swordarm i would say that he is facing a bit behind him, but his other arm and upper body suggests the opposite to me so I'm not really sure which way he is facing.

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 11:35:34 pm
His right arm could be moved back a little. The positioning of his feet looks fine to me, though the legs could be a little longer and fill in the 'missing' pixel on his left heel. His right hand looks a little messy, I don't know what he's doing with it.
Looks cool though but, yeah, some more contrast in the colors would really help. Is the white outlining supposed to be in the final version?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 11:37:34 pm by Luzeke »

Offline dyuaru

• Funkitized!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 05:05:58 am

Thanks for the critique though I'm still not sure what to do with the stance. Here's the update, I'd tried to fix as many things as I could and knew how to. Not sure if this is enough contrast but I mainly lightened up the non-outline colors. Seems a bit clearer now but could be better, I'm just not sure which colors I should change to add more contrast or if I should add another color instead. Made legs longer, and also filled in the missing pixel.

Let me know what you guys think  :)
-Okashii Game Development-

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 05:43:46 am
Heh, wrong pixel.  :P I meant the pixel closest to the ground. Sorry, I should have been more specifik. I edited you original picture before. I looked at it again and I think I figured out why his stance looks weird. You need to emphasize his right knee and I think his loincloth is too long. Even if it isn't too long and it actually looks like that, it still needs to be shortened. Otherwise, the viewer reads it as some sort of weird baggypantsleg. I did an edit, hope it helps. I played around with your pallette a little. It might be a good idea to add one shade of red. But that's just me.
Also, why I said to add a pixel (you can see where I meant it to be in the edit) is because, to me, he looked like he was going tiptioes. By adding a pixel to his heel his foot is firmly placed on the ground.

Edit// Oh, and I also made his left foot bigger and added a chain and made some other changes. Hope you don't mind. =P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:52:46 am by Luzeke »