AuthorTopic: The B.O.B.'s Dump: B.O.B. finally submits something new...  (Read 65969 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: The B.O.B.'s Dump...sorta

Reply #50 on: February 05, 2007, 11:21:42 pm
BOB, you're definetely going to be a tough competitor if I beat mirre. ;)
You mean I will, don't you? :huh:

All competitiveness aside, these are great, The. That Angler/porcupine should be in the Chimeras activity, fo' rizzle.
And I am so glad you didn't submit the Sunrock Golem or Horned Giant, 'cause then I would have so been pwnd fo' sho.
Lol @ the playboy monster.

Seriously, though. Great stuff. :y: :y:

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #51 on: February 05, 2007, 11:24:35 pm
the horned giant is better in my opinion.  they all look fit though..

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #52 on: February 16, 2007, 07:52:35 am
Update!
newer>>
vs.
older >> 

Well, I forgot all about this little...thing. I decided to take some of the crits to heart. The tentacle on the right was growing far too much, so I shortened it down, and gave it a different animation. I also added a right tilt to balance it out. Not to mention, I gave it a squish to transition it a little better when squeltching from right to left. I couldn't think of any other filler, rather than reusing the blink frames again. Also tried to fix the belt issues, and some of the lines.
   Oh, and Conceit, the things on the side of it's head, aren't actually hair, but more over mini-tentacles. They are kinda' like feelers, or whiskers for dogs. They help sense things around them, and the creatures do have some motor function over the movement of them. I hope that kinda' explains why they seem to move in a different direction of where it's leaning. Than again, last time I tried to explain the way my mind works to you, you were basically a deer in the head lights, heh.
   Whelp, I feel it's base is done, and now I want to pursue the detailing. Any one think this should be tweaked a bit more? I'm open to suggestions!
my back hurts...

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #53 on: February 21, 2007, 04:05:45 am
to be fair...I think the concept of tentacles/whiskers are a bit simpler than your sense of morality..heheh.

I think the tentacles work a lot better now....the squishing takes the anim to a whole new level of cuteness/cartoonyness which is fine if that's what you want.

I wonder how you'll color it, I've always visualized him as a green monster with goth gear

Offline The B.O.B.

• View Profile

Reply #54 on: February 25, 2007, 09:51:30 am
Seeing as how I'm pretty much skee-rewed in the pixelation competition, I was thinking I might have a shot of slugging it out for the blood and glory at the pixeljoint competition. The subject is Chinese new years, "the year of the boar":

I just don't know which to choose...Which one do you fellers, and womenfolk think is stronger?

Oh, and Conceit, I'm almost done detailing the alien animation. I'll send it in here when I'm done, to see what you guys think of the current colors I've chosen for it...
my back hurts...

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #55 on: February 25, 2007, 10:07:10 am
I like the non-yellow, personally.  But I'd suggest you didn't submit either.  Please.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #56 on: February 25, 2007, 02:32:04 pm
Seeing as how I'm pretty much skee-rewed in the pixelation competition, I was thinking I might have a shot of slugging it out for the blood and glory at the pixeljoint competition. The subject is Chinese new years, "the year of the boar":

Well, looks like we both submited shit to the pixelator :D

Glad im not entering this compo - you and cure are close competitors on this one.

i prefer the yellow, maybe try and find middle ground?

Offline The B.O.B.

• View Profile

Reply #57 on: February 28, 2007, 03:41:33 pm
Whelp, since no one else felt it needed any work, I've decided to detail it, and finish this so that I can focus on the next challenge. Here she blows:

I'm not really up for changing some major parts of it, but if they look that awkward, then I shall try my best to fix it. Also, do the colors seem too flamboyant? Maybe too shy, or drab? opinions, critiques...
my back hurts...

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #58 on: February 28, 2007, 03:45:10 pm
Nice animation, tho those stretchy highlights look odd on the side. And i would not have him stop swaying at all, just make him blink while swaying. I think it hurts the animation somewhat, if watched as a continuous slithering along.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline The B.O.B.

• View Profile

Reply #59 on: March 01, 2007, 03:26:07 pm
El updato!

I added bounce to it, due to recent critiques. Also took away the green shadow on the left side of it's head( our left, it's right...)
Any other suggestions?
my back hurts...