AuthorTopic: Nemo  (Read 3590 times)

Offline im9today

• xtrwsqgcxct
    • View Profile

Nemo

on: January 02, 2007, 03:57:16 pm

Not finished yet, if you couldn't tell from the merely blocked in legs. I wanted to post this before I continue though because something seems wonky, but I can't quite but my finger on it... And I know I can reduce my colors some, I will go back and do that when I am done with the sprite itself. :3

Oh, and just for fun, here's a small piece I did a couple of weeks ago, I call her Lilith:

Edit: TIMELAPSE GO:

--> -->
First, Zach's much-better-than-I-can-achieve edit, and newest version together for comparison.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:57:57 pm by im9today »

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Re: Nemo

Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 06:26:47 pm
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline im9today

• xtrwsqgcxct
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 07:52:23 pm
Thank you Zach, that's an excellent edit. *delves in*

Offline im9today

• xtrwsqgcxct
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 06:56:40 pm
Newer version, applied many of the changes in Zach's edit (e.g. much thinner head shape, longer and more structured arm); I also lengthened the other arm some and tried to start the pants, but my cloth folds make it look like he is wearing canvas. Boo hoo. :'(

--> -->
First, Zach's much-better-than-I-can-achieve edit, and newest version together for comparison.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:58:23 am
hohoho this is comming out nice, I like what you did with the shirt, and the pants look fine.  The face still bothers me though, but I don't know what it is, it's probably just me :\
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline lonlaz

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 05:05:15 am
I like the face.  It looks almost aboriginal, and its paleness contrasts well with the hair.  The only complaint I have is that there is nothing that indicates she is a 'she' with the stance and the clothes.  Although depending on what you were going for, it may not be a relevant complaint.

Offline im9today

• xtrwsqgcxct
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 05:09:53 am
Nah, I was thinking the same thing about the face and I figured it was because I'd been looking at it too long, you know? I didn't apply all of your facial edits to it so I could still do those, and if it is still wonky I'll switch the colors up some. That should be fun. :3

Outsponded by lonlaz! Adding more for great justice.

At first, the character was a guy, but when I had finished the first go everything looked very feminine. The pink certainly doesn't help that. XD So I just decided to leave the sexuality of 'Nemo' up in the air, although he is just a very pretty boy I guess. Thanks for the reply. :)

Edit: I should also add I'm making this for the enterance page for my website I'm making, and it will be displayed on a plain white background. I'll also be adding a cat, but first things first right?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:11:53 am by im9today »