AuthorTopic: [WiP] Game project "Jobel" mock-up  (Read 17201 times)

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Re: [WiP] Game project "Jobel" mock-up

Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 06:37:14 pm
I think I'll stick to 12 frames, I like the flow that the animation has now.

Further tweaking and the addition of hair. I've begun animating the hair sillouette, however I can't seem to get it right  :-\ Would really appreciate some
CnC on it.

I don't know, but maybe the ear moves a bit too much. I can't tell, looked at it for too long now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 06:38:55 pm by Luzeke »

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 09:33:37 pm
Here's my attempt at an edit... it's pretty sloppy (note the accidental transparency  ;)) but hopefully it brings the point across:

Hopefully that's what you were going for with the hair... I think perhaps in yours it's a little to conservative? As in, it only changes in a couple of frames and when it does, only subtly, then it snaps back into place for the next frame. I prefer to go too extreme and then have to tone it back. Should be pretty easy to accomplish if you're using graphics gale with the onion skinning.

I made a couple other changes too - for example he jerks all over the place - I put a horizon line on mine to show you what I mean. If he rocks forward and backward like that, when he's actually moving he will appear to have a stuttering speed - maybe that was intentional, I dunno.  Also there was a lot of inconsistancies in the size of his feet, and there were a few frames where his feet don't actually move, but they change shape. That was also adding to the herky-jerky effect. There are some other subtle differences too but I'm sure you'll notice them yourself.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 09:40:45 pm by Ben2theEdge »
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Reply #42 on: January 19, 2007, 05:09:08 am
That looks awesome.

The hair in my animation isn't anywhere near finished. I messed around with it, but got nowhere. So I switched back to the least messed up version.

I went through your edit frame-by-frame, and edited my own animations as I went. It mostly came out looking like what you did. Mostly because your changes were spot-on. But I changed quite a few things that you'd done which didn't really work with my idea of the animation. The hair is for sure 90-95% your edit. Hope you don't mind if I actually use it, you get creds of course.

Well anyway, here's the animation as it is now. I added his vest to the animation. I hope it looks good.

I will wait with adding colors and detail until I've finished the lineart for some other animations as well. I'll start working on the running animation next.