AuthorTopic: Pricing error? Pixel book "Character Design for Mobile Device" is only $5 at B&N  (Read 10453 times)

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Amon Design
Was sat in waterstones bookstore today and flicked through this.  Pretty, not much I'm actually interested in reading as it all seemed for someone new to pixel art and mobile game art.  One thing though, the copy I was reading through had some slight printing errors on some pages where the text looked like it had been printed twice and offset a bit so looked a bit blurry to my tired old eyes.  Might have been just from a bad batch.
keep on moving, lil dude...

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile
I'd love a book on pixel art, instead of vaguely on the history and examples of pixel art in games, actually something that explains everything a pixel artist needs to know, shading techniques, help choosing palettes, the tricks of the trade.. The fundamentals, before we even start thinking about gaming and different genre's.. Im getting the impression its just maybe a reference book.. They should really explain it from the eyes of a pixel artist, what he/she thinks you need to know. Like the pixel bible in short.. Thats what I think..  :-\
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest
I'd love a book on pixel art, instead of vaguely on the history and examples of pixel art in games, actually something that explains everything a pixel artist needs to know, shading techniques, help choosing palettes, the tricks of the trade.. The fundamentals, before we even start thinking about gaming and different genre's.. Im getting the impression its just maybe a reference book.. They should really explain it from the eyes of a pixel artist, what he/she thinks you need to know. Like the pixel bible in short.. Thats what I think..  :-\
maybe we should make a book :P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page
Yeah, I'd love to see an extensive guide to stuff like that, especially from guys like Ptoing, Alex and Helm.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile
i would TOTALLY buy a pixelation book. reasonbly priced i think a large sum of the community would do it.

Offline Mr.Modem

• My avatar is more outdated than yours...
    • View Profile
Why don't we make a wikibook? Everyone would be able to participate. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page
Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody.

Offline Ragnarok

• The long-dead armies rise again!
    • View Profile
Great idea! It could explain various techniques and shading ideas for different types of pixelling (eg: Tiles, Backgrounds, Scenes, Sprites.) as well as what NOT to do (Pillowshading, Black outlines everywhere, Oversaturation), with tips from various pixellers, all contributing their own examples. LET'S DO IT!!!     
Chaos drive... overloading... Order... failing...
GIVE IN TO THE CHAOS!

Offline Mr.Modem

• My avatar is more outdated than yours...
    • View Profile
Yeah, I know about pixipedia but I think it disappeared when Pixelation came back. I got a 404 error when I clicked your link.
Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody.

Offline niceidiot

• View Profile
Why don't we make a wikibook? Everyone would be able to participate. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page

Somebody started an isometric specific pixel-art book there:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Isometric_pixel_art/Contents