AuthorTopic: Phoenix Wright Style Borat  (Read 5221 times)

Offline Glukom

• View Profile

Phoenix Wright Style Borat

on: December 23, 2006, 02:35:36 pm
Hey guys, first post here. So i'll post something I made.

I made this for a competition. As you can see, there are many mistakes, like the hair.
Any help would be appreciated.

Offline konix

• View Profile

Re: Phoenix Wright Style Borat

Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 04:39:07 pm
He looks a little too angry imo. He needs the trademark Borat smile and thumbs up.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 05:59:59 pm
the whole tie/collar area is pretty messed up - it makes his body look like a cardboard cutout.  the neck should cut lower and be more round!  face is close, but i agree the smile and thumbs up would be perfect.

Offline Glukom

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 06:12:49 pm
Ok, i'll work on the neck.
Maybe i'll try the thumbs up pose, but I fail at hands.
And,

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 06:50:16 pm
The shading on the suit looks odd to me. I'm not sure why. Perhaps because there's now shadow for the head is missing. If the light source is coming from above, especially, there should be quite a large shadow under the head, eyebrows, ect. anything that protrudes enough to create a shadow.

Offline Potatoes

• Lawl, pl0cks
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 08:14:19 pm
This reminds me of Case Closed...

The lightsource on your person's head is completely different than the one for the body.  It'd probably be easier to change the body's shadow than the head, but that's just my shear laziness speaking.  The head's shadow makes it seem like your light source is straight ahead, which doesn't make sense, unless someone is holding a flashlight in front of him o.O. 
Feel free to teach me how to choose colors and shades.  I'm willing to learn.  PM pl0cks.

Offline Glukom

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 08:16:31 pm
This reminds me of Case Closed...

The lightsource on your person's head is completely different than the one for the body.  It'd probably be easier to change the body's shadow than the head, but that's just my shear laziness speaking.  The head's shadow makes it seem like your light source is straight ahead, which doesn't make sense, unless someone is holding a flashlight in front of him o.O. 

That's what the style is like, you can check the rips at the Sprite Database (GBA-Gyakuten Saiban).

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 07:24:13 am
That's what the style is like, you can check the rips at the Sprite Database (GBA-Gyakuten Saiban).

It's not a style.  It's an angle of lighting.  All of their sprites are shaded accordingly; e.g. they are shadows behind the heads and jacket lapels, things your sprite lacks, probably because you assumed it was just a "Style".  The shadows on the suit are wrong, and the face lacks lighting almost entirely, while the hair is composed mainly of like weird bubbles.  Don't blow off people's crits by blaming them on your poor reading of the sprites you are trying to emulate!

Offline Glukom

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 03:30:50 pm
Oh, I didn't mean to blow off his crit. I was mainly talking about the shading on the face, besides the shadows. Everything else he said made sense. But, it is true. http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Capcom/Other/CourtroomComeback/Edgeworth.gif
The faces lightsource is different.
As for the shadows, i'll try to work on that.

Offline Claredeth

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 01:54:00 am
Hello Glukom.

I think I may have an idea, the haid needs more shine on it, try using colors from the suit.