AuthorTopic: Some kind of berry man.  (Read 2724 times)

Offline UncleSporky

• View Profile

Some kind of berry man.

on: January 21, 2007, 04:22:36 am
I didn't set out for him to be a berry, but he turned out that way.  And while it's rather disturbing, I think he looks delicious.

10 colors.  One of my first attempts at a pixel art bigger than a standard game sprite.  c&c?

EDIT: Shaded the area behind his ear that I forgot about.  Also, here are my lines if anyone else would like to color them:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 04:30:37 am by UncleSporky »

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Some kind of berry man.

Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 05:15:39 am
I love the head, the clean curves and the floating hair/leafs are...well delicious  :D .The body doesnt have the same appeal...it looks like a copout to me, like an attempt at "correct anatomy" or something, while it IS well done it just doesnt fit...I wish you removed/Remade it and gave the head some special shiny treatment....=O

Offline UncleSporky

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 02:26:25 pm
Thanks for the kind words.

I wasn't really trying for realistic anatomy, just the same sort of stylized angles and curves as the face.  The main reason I stopped where I did is because that's where my sketch stopped, and I realized I shouldn't do a full body at that size before I've practiced a bit more.  Plus I really like his bicep just hanging there, reminiscent of a juicy drip.  :)

I don't mean to rationalize a poor design choice.  What don't you like about the body?  Where should I have stopped, the base of the neck?  Otherwise, is there anything I could have done to improve the body?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 02:43:45 pm by UncleSporky »

Offline ediblebird

• me too
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 01:40:41 am
i like it a lot. it seems to be something that you half would expect to be in a zelda game