AuthorTopic: Call girl  (Read 7306 times)

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Re: Whore

Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 04:40:18 pm
Well, that what the character should be. ( I hope it not a really bad word - I'm learning english from my kids=))

Well, to put it in perspective, if I said whore at the dinner table, my mother would slap me and my grandmother would cry. Not a word to throw around casually in a formal setting. "Working girl," "call girl", or simply "prostitute" are better non-offensive choices.

Only thing that bugs me with the actual sprite is the shading around the stomach. It's border-line pillow shaded. There's also some weird blurry thing happening with the right leg.

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Re: Whore

Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 05:21:43 pm
Well, to put it in perspective, if I said whore at the dinner table, my mother would slap me and my grandmother would cry. Not a word to throw around casually in a formal setting. "Working girl," "call girl", or simply "prostitute" are better non-offensive choices.

Only thing that bugs me with the actual sprite is the shading around the stomach. It's border-line pillow shaded. There's also some weird blurry thing happening with the right leg.
Man...I got to talk to my kids.=)) I'll fix it right now. Thanks. I don't know what I could do about blurring right now - I'll fix it when I get her over actual background and i got yeah with the shading - fix it when I'll get home. Thank you=)

Pixelaro, I like it like that too I had it on a first edit, but in another place they convinced me to fix it - said looks like sausages.  :'( Well, may be mine was.  :) Thank you for taking your time to edit - i still think to change it back.=)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 05:23:58 pm by Fool »

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Re: Call girl

Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 08:12:13 pm
Hi Fool, I love your work, this piece is looking great. The new dog animation is outstanding.

I do agree with gliding about her looking dwarfish. It's always good to make the legs/lower body of women longer as the upper by some amount. Even if cartoonish, though that may just be me.

I hope you consider completing your dragon, you can't waste what you have there already  :)  :'(

[EDIT]: Could a mod please delete my second message, I wanted to edit but quoted accidentally  :huh:  Done

[EDIT] Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 08:18:28 pm by buloght »

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 09:43:49 pm
Hi Fool, I love your work, this piece is looking great. The new dog animation is outstanding.

I do agree with gliding about her looking dwarfish. It's always good to make the legs/lower body of women longer as the upper by some amount. Even if cartoonish, though that may just be me.

I hope you consider completing your dragon, you can't waste what you have there already  :)  :'(

Thanks. I've tried to give her less chest and less stomach area to get longer legs - it just started looking like pixeldoll  which is not what I have in mind. She ought to look sort of cute, sort of funny and a bit vulgar - just an accent perhaps, in game she turn into green lipsy thing. I think I'll redraw concept of her.

I don't know, man - I did that dragon just for practice. Do you want to adopt it and finish? I've got a lot of pix put away for different reasons - mostly lack of skills=)), I'd rather work on those when I got a chance.=)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 10:19:58 am
Really nice, me liek.
Buloght: "Hi Fool"..that doesn't sound right for some reason :P
I really like this piece, but the....things around her legs (Sorry, English ain't my native language) look unfinished to me.
Maybe add some lighting?