AuthorTopic: [WIP] Gameboy-style  (Read 34053 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Gameboy-style

Reply #60 on: January 06, 2007, 09:33:11 pm

Anyway... as I can see here, so far there's people who either like and support my work, or think my character looks horrible because of her sexualy suggestive appearance and poses, and/or think it's wrong for women to make nude/semi-nude/sexual art.

Now, I really like sharing my artwork with the community, but I'm seriously losing my enthusiasm to post anymore updates on this particular project.

I was gonna say something about her thong but I'll let you be :] It's a problem of my own and not yours.

On another matter, regarding the explosion, if it's supposed to be a short POOF-splosion, I suggest you make it more stylized and flash-like and not a smoke puff, seeing as the human mind believes flashes to be fast and smoke to move slowly. Plus, if it's going to be a fast flash-explosion, make the brightest frame the first one and let it diminish from there. That's my suggestion :]
' _ '

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: January 06, 2007, 10:41:57 pm
Wow... you leave for a couple of days and everything goes to hell...

Firstly, I think you should consider your posts more carefully Tenshi. Whilst your view was well presented, Helm's comment was made ages ago, and it had no real baring on the direction of the art, so why bother to raise it as an issue? To get Helm to reply and take the discussion off topic?

Also, it's ridiculous to suggest for Ryona to come up with a new classification for her character. Thanks to Naruto and DoA, Kunoichi are seen as being synonymous with female Ninja, and the terms have become interchangable. So what if it isn't historically correct? Mario isn't much of a plumber either.

Ryona, I hope you continue to show updates to this project, as I for one am interested by it. Maybe you could ask a mod to clean the thread up a bit?

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #62 on: January 06, 2007, 11:41:19 pm
i think the best way to end this off-topic discussion would be with more pixels.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #63 on: January 07, 2007, 12:10:01 am
Anyway... as I can see here, so far there's people who either like and support my work, or think my character looks horrible because of her sexualy suggestive appearance and poses, and/or think it's wrong for women to make nude/semi-nude/sexual art.

I don't see that happening. It's not to anyone's advantage to make such groupings and simplifications. Regardless of the sexual content of the piece, you've recieved much help on it, no? Then the thread has served its purpose, and it doesn't have to be about people rallying to your defense or ganging up against you. Remember: this is a forum about critique and artists helping each other, it's not really about social networking and creating allegiances and all that nasty internet politics/drama stuff. Don't bring that on yourself.

If it annoys you, you should probably reconsider chatting with Pixelation people as well. Or learn to distinguish between chatting and what we do in the forum.

Now, I really like sharing my artwork with the community, but I'm seriously losing my enthusiasm to post anymore updates on this particular project.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law and other such satanic decrees, but I think you're overreacting.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #64 on: January 07, 2007, 12:41:11 am
Yeah, I kinda was overreacting. It's not like there's really been a problem here in this thread. It's mainly what I've been getting at the Pixelation chatroom that has bothered me. I carried my annoyance over here when it didn't really need to be here.
This whole thing seems to have started from my reply to Tenshi's post, and I apologize for the derailing.

Now as for the critiques, I'll see what I can do on the small explosion. I was thinking about adding a crackle of electricity within and around the explosion.

I'll be posting some sprite updates as well as a new cutscene as soon as I can.

Thank you for the helpful critiques, people, and thank you for the helpful support and wisdom, Faceless.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 12:42:52 am by Ryona »

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #65 on: January 07, 2007, 01:03:53 pm
Update!  :)

My good friend Speekio made this neat animation using my game graphics. Check it out, people! It's a real treat!

http://spekkio.xieke.com/neoninja.html

Oh, just so you know, Speekio warned me that it might freeze your browzer for a few seconds.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:42:05 pm by Ryona »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #66 on: January 07, 2007, 01:28:10 pm
It looks good - i guess the running animation is fine once it is in the game. With the city scape, I think the ring on the building
near the water doesn't fit with the other perspective.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Amon Design

Reply #67 on: January 07, 2007, 01:47:19 pm
Cool, but it's hard to listen to that music without thinking about sweets...
keep on moving, lil dude...

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #68 on: January 07, 2007, 04:53:09 pm
If you're assuming the music will be in the game, I can assure you it won't be. It's just a random tune Spekkio put in to test out the sound output.

With the city scape, I think the ring on the building
near the water doesn't fit with the other perspective.

Yeah, I've noticed that too, but I decided to leave it so the ring shape is obvious and comprehendable. If I did adjust it, the ring would then be horizontly flat and may not look like a ring.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 05:01:10 pm by Ryona »

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #69 on: January 07, 2007, 05:09:40 pm
It says 'Invalid Bytecode' for me.
How can I get this to run?
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix