AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 324126 times)

Offline Relic

• View Profile

Re: Introductions

Reply #760 on: March 31, 2008, 02:21:24 pm
Hey, I'm Relic.

I'm currently living in Newfoundland, Canada and attending high school.

Honestly, I'm a horrible pixel artist, but lately I've been finding I sometimes need to make my own graphics. I develop on a game called Graal Online and there's not ALWAYS a pixel artist or graphic artist around who can help me (I design levels/maps) so I'm hoping to pick up some experience here so I can help myself in those situations and do some decent work.

I guess that's it.  :P

Offline StevenH

• View Profile

Reply #761 on: April 01, 2008, 12:28:04 am
Well I suppose I really should put my introduction in here after all I did do some CnC on an iso image yesterday...

I'm a total new guy / virgin when it comes to pixel pushing, I'm more of a programmer, which will be seen in my attempts at pixeling stuff.  My current pixeling level is programmer - i.e. nothing looks like anything, it's more of a blob of random colours thrown at the canvas in an effort to attempt to make something that works.  What I'm hoping from this walk into the world of the pixel pushing artists of the world is a higher ability to generate images, both 2D tiles / sprites and 3D texture maps.

Offline eXodus

• View Profile

Reply #762 on: April 03, 2008, 12:51:55 am
Hello all, my name is eXodus.. You can call me eX if you wish.

I have mainly only done some pixel work on Graal Online servers, keeping with that style. I wish to pick up a new style, the 'basic' style that I never got to learn to get where I am now. I love to listen to music, work with graphics, and build games and animations. I'm very capable of learning alot in pixel art, seeing as I can be dedicated at something I like to do, which makes me pick it up easier than most. I have somewhat of a back round in it, to where I should know how to do some amount of work, and not be completely terrible.

Expect to stat to see a good bit of me, and please try to help me as much as you can, I'm willing to try and improve a good deal.

Thanks, thats about all! ;D

-eX

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #763 on: April 04, 2008, 04:39:48 am
Hi :yay:
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline K_G

• View Profile

Reply #764 on: April 04, 2008, 08:06:42 am
Hi everyone! Im new here so heres my intro :) Im K_G(16) i live in Georgia U.S, i've been pixeling a little over a year on a small gaming site. Decided to try and kick my icons up a knotch so here i am lol Hope to learn alot while im here.^^

Offline chriskot

• View Profile

Reply #765 on: April 04, 2008, 03:48:02 pm
Hello everybody! My name's Chris and I'm from Ontario.

I'm 18 and taking an extra year of high school while I improve my marks and try to amass some money for university tuition. I've been pixelling as a hobby for a few years and now I'm going to see if I can make a bit of extra money through freelancing work.

There's my intro.

Offline Wattsie1993

• A Pile Of Pixel
    • View Profile

Hello

Reply #766 on: April 05, 2008, 10:39:52 am
Hello, and welcome back to me.
Havent been on this site for a year, as my brother used my account to show his "Ripping" skills.
Well, i would like to inform you, my brother will not be using my account again
that I am back
and that no ripping will happen.
I love to pixel, just a shame i got held back a year.

So, Hi =]
This isn't very important.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #767 on: April 05, 2008, 05:59:07 pm
Welcome to the site, K_G, Chriskot. And welcome back, Wattsie :).
Hope ya'll enjoy your stay. :-*
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline bedelf

• java ftw
    • View Profile
    • Home of the Lightweight Java Game Library

Reply #768 on: April 18, 2008, 11:54:53 pm
My name is Edward, and I lurk the crap out of this place. I dig your art guys and gals. =)

I used to post on pixelation.net a long time ago and made a few things here and there - in the end I (wisely) decided I had better stick to programming in life. So I've been doing alot of that lately. Mabey I'll try failing at some sprites again so you can all get a chuckle out of it. ;p

The biggest thing I've noticed about starting to read the forums again is the guys who had just started out the last time I was here, say 1-2+ years ago (I have no sense of time), are now amazing artists and making all this great stuff. I love it, It's awesome to see that kind of progression.

Also: Pixel art is civilization.
<-- thanks Peppermint Pig

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #769 on: April 20, 2008, 01:20:07 pm
hey my names daniel, im 14 and ive been doen pixeling for ovr 4 years now i came here when the frikin cookines wouldnt work for the pixel joint forum,

im interested by very detailed pieces but when i try they turn out horribly wrong untill i give up and try random stuff and it works so i just do random suff from now

<good example

and i like caracatures like my avatar

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt