AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 320541 times)

Offline AwesomePossum

• I <3 Chomba Womba's
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery

Re: Introductions

Reply #270 on: February 19, 2007, 03:02:27 am
Hello All, Im new to pixeling at started about 3 months ago. Im 16 and going to school in BC Canada. Im #7 on my Varsity XC team and, ya.

^^Thats me on our right^^

tomas awsum

Offline Squirrelborg

• View Profile

Reply #271 on: February 25, 2007, 12:56:33 am
Well, I suppose I'd better post here.

You can call me squirrel. I've only been pixeling for about two weeks, but I've been doing more traditional art since I was 17 (over half a decade... I feel old.).

But anyways, here's me (well, as close as I can get so far):

Offline Decadent_Sympozium

• View Profile

Reply #272 on: February 25, 2007, 06:01:26 pm

Fates Warning, Heir Apparent, Diamond Head, Omen, Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, Sanctuary, Slauter Xstroyes, Brocas Helm, early Angra, Lord Weird Slough Feg, Savage Grace, Heathen, Attacker, The Hammers of Misfortune, Andramelch (ITA, NOT the death metal Adramelech), Liege Lord, Crimson Glory, Savatage, early Nevermore (up to Politics of Ecstasy), Lordian Guard, Maudlin of the Well,  Warlord, Cloven Hoof, Virgin Steele, The Vision Bleak, Helloween, Syris, Vicious Rumours, Agent Steel, Judas Priest (up to Painkiller of course), Jag Panzer, Queensryche, Symphony X, Rainbow and of course, the Black Sabbath.

All this has a soul, no monkeys aping the form or anything of the type. These are HEAVY METAL. Now, moving on:

Doom Metal (including doomdeath):

Candlemass, Memory Garden, Trouble, Pentagram,  St. Vitus, Thergothon, Esoteric, dISEMBOWELMENT, Shape of Despair, early My Dying Bride, Unholy, Forsaken, The 3rd and the Mortal, While Heaven Wept, Abstract Algebra, early Anathema, early Paradise Lost, Orphaned Land, Asunder, The Gault, Morgion, early Cathedral (up to and including Forest of Equillibrium), Doomsword, Evoken, Skepticism, Veni Domine, Dusk, Krux, Saturnus, Winter, Worship

Thrash and technothrash:

Dark Angel, Sieges Even, Sepultura, Anthrax, Destruction, Watchtower, Exodus,  Deathrow, Megace, Forbidden, Depressive Age, Flaming Anger, Calhoun Conquer, Mekong Delta, Thought Industry, Cyclone Temple, Annihilator, Believer, Artillery, Forced Entry, The Haunted (first album), Civil Defiance, Aftermath, Coroner, Assorted Heap, Invocator, Kinetic Dissent, Municipal Waste, Paradox, Sacred Reich, Sore Plexus, Stone, Testament, Windham Hell

Progressive Metal:

Psychotic Waltz, Fates Warning (later), Aghora, Sieges Even (later), Watchtower (later), Coroner (later),  Atrox, Behold... The Arctopus, Blind Idiot God, Conception, Frantic Bleep, Garden Wall, Gordian Knot, Cynic (later), Kayo Dot, Confessor, Loincloth, OSI, Saviour Machine, Shadow Gallery, Spastic Ink, Spiral Architect, Thought Industry (later), Verse and Radiation, Voivod

Death Metal:

Death, Autopsy, Demilich, Demigod, Torchure, Suffocation, Gorguts, Atrocity (early, for heaven's sake!) Asphyx, Kaamos, Grave, Dismember, Ripping Corpse, Dim Mak, Cynic, Atheist, Monstrosity, Incantation, Immolation, Malevolent Creation, The Chasm, Acid Bath, Human Remains, Crimson Massacre, Crypt of Kerberos, Disharmonic Orchestra, Edge of Sanity, Godflesh, Macabre, Martyr, Negativa, Mithras, Morgoth, Necrophagist, Nocturnus, Obituary, SUP, Tiamat

Black Metal:

Mercyful Fate, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer, Bathory, Arcturus, Immortal, Averse Sefira, Blut Aus Nord, Taake, In the Woods..., Ulver, Weakling, Burzum (handle with care), Absu, Elend, Empyrium, Enslaved, Fleurety, Gehenna, Keep of Kalessin, Melechesh, Negative Plane, Rotting Christ (very early, demos and up to first album, PERHAPS), Dissection, Sacramentum, Samael, Sigh, Solefald, Ved Buens Ende

That's enough to keep you occupied to track down for a while. one band per genre is in bold. Start there. Even if that's all you check out from my list, you'll become a better person for it.

Oh my god you listed one hundred bands and completely avoid Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Vader, and Tristania/Sirenia. (Or Rammstein for metal culture matter...or Children of Bodom...at some tiny point...) That's, like...blasphemy.

Ah yes, I'm the new around. Not a spriter. Tried spriting several times every time got bored after few hours. I can handle the spriting, just don't have desire to. Sad. Just a sprite viewer and team member seeker, currently. Will make sure to exist here, though. Greetings from me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:07:20 pm by Decadent_Sympozium »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #273 on: February 25, 2007, 06:24:21 pm
Hmm, that's funny. I thought I initially read Dimmu Borgir in the text before this post. Strange.

Vader, and Bodom, I like. However Black metal, I still have a hard time getting used to. I've heard "Demon Burger" for a while, but have barely started getting used to it. Their not bad, though. Now Cradle of Filth on the other hand...Blegh! Can't stand them. The vocals, the gimmick, and the goth-like light instrumentals(keyboards, not the slightly hard guitar, and drum work) really kill it for me...

Also, I'd try and give PIXELING another shot. It's not just about spriting characters. Maybe you're good at background work, or tiling and iso. You never know, man. Don't give it up. If not, though, that's cool. You could always help critique us. Artists deserve critique from all forms of talent, and background, not just isolated minorities....
my back hurts...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #274 on: February 26, 2007, 07:21:08 am
Oh my god you listed one hundred bands and completely avoid Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Vader, and Tristania/Sirenia. (Or Rammstein for metal culture matter...or Children of Bodom...at some tiny point...) That's, like...blasphemy.

No, that's like... having good taste in metal. Dimmu Borgir are awful. Cradle of Filth are overdone kitch without any reason to exist. Vader are okay I guess, I can listen to Morbid Angel though, so I don't need them. Tristania, uh. Rammstein? Children of Boredom? Come on. Talk to me about all these bands after you've been listening to metal for more than 5 years. Tell me if they still hold any appeal to you.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #275 on: February 26, 2007, 09:39:40 am
Rammstein.... :-X Wheee, we can play approximately 3 riffs. One of the crappest bands ever to reach commercial success.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #276 on: February 26, 2007, 10:06:40 am
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #277 on: February 26, 2007, 10:33:54 am
How is that to be understood Takam? Everything that reaches commercial success sucks? If so, grow up, OK.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #278 on: February 26, 2007, 10:36:25 am
Also from someone who keeps taking inspiration from established, very commercially successful IPs by Nintendo and such...

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #279 on: February 26, 2007, 10:48:50 am
pwnd