AuthorTopic: Introductions  (Read 322975 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Introductions

Reply #190 on: January 10, 2007, 02:24:35 am
I'm just being a bit silly, don't worry.

There's a lot of improbable metalheads, sure. But the metalcore hipster styled hair look really has outstayed its welcome in my opinion. Heavy Metal people shouldn't be trying to look beautiful for a photoshoot.

'Old' Heavy Metal is not now Hard Rock in anyone's book if they know what they're talking about. But that's a bit of a boring discussion.

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #191 on: January 10, 2007, 02:32:17 am
Well i never called myself the authority on metal. We all can't be as knowledgeable as the great helm.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #192 on: January 10, 2007, 02:53:33 am
Mars Needs Cheerleaders
That sounds...soo familiar...

Oh, and why can't people just like all kinds of muzak? I'm sure if everyone dug deep enough they'd find something likeable in every genre.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 02:56:07 am by Xion Night »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #193 on: January 10, 2007, 02:55:48 am
Well i never called myself the authority on metal. We all can't be as knowledgeable as the great helm.

That is true! Helm! Authority on all metaaal! Anyone using the word metal not in conjecture to the actual physical thing needs to report to me ASAP!

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #194 on: January 10, 2007, 03:00:53 am
Oh, and why can't people just like all kinds of muzak? I'm sure if everyone dug deep enough they'd find something likeable in every genre.

Sorry, but no. I could not like Gabber and "untz-untz" techno even if I liked, just to name those two genres. There is more.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #195 on: January 10, 2007, 03:12:43 am
That is true! Helm! Authority on all metaaal! Anyone using the word metal not in conjecture to the actual physical thing needs to report to me ASAP!

Metal...bring it on, you Greek hussie...

I understand where you're coming from with this Xion. I also think all types of music should be embraced. However, somewhere in my hypocritical mind, I need some sort of organization. And through organization, I find it easier to find certain bands that I listen to with similiar sounds. After all, different cultures exhibit different tastes. That doesn't exactly mean that you are confined to one genre of music,(however me being mexican, it IS EXPECTED OF ME to enjoy Mariachi, but I can't f***ing stand it...and they don't exactly think too kindly of death metal neither. A fair trade, I presume...) however it is expected that you listen to what the majority listens to, as sad as that sounds. Humans are clan-ish by nature, so most find it hard to live alone. The solitary life is meant for few, not all...I'm making zero sense right now....
   Any who, I try not to knock on what other people like. I just know what I enjoy, and knowing which genres they are in, helps me classify them, and also provides a small(if not tiny) historical stint of where they gained their influence from.

I'm done...

B.O.B. out...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:15:14 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #196 on: January 10, 2007, 03:15:18 am
RAR RAR I HEARD METAL ARE YOU METAL ENOUGH TO USE THE WORD METAL STATE YOUR METAL CREDENTIALS

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #197 on: January 10, 2007, 03:18:56 am
mars needs cheerleaders is from ZAMN
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #198 on: January 10, 2007, 03:30:52 am
I don't know if i've ever properly introduced myself. I don't remember if i did or not. Don't really care.

I'm Josh, I'm 18, and I live in the great state of Illinois.

wow you remind me so much of someone from my school, it's a little scary ^__^

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #199 on: January 10, 2007, 04:25:56 am
Sorry, but no. I could not like Gabber and "untz-untz" techno even if I liked, just to name those two genres. There is more.

@Ptoing: What exactly is "Gabber"?

Oh, and Helm: Iron Maiden, At the Gates, Kreator, Kataklysm, Dark Tranquility, Hypocrisy Callenish Circle, Kalmah, Bolt Thrower, DISMEMBER(fav' metal band, don't care what you say), Dragonforce (a bit light, but the amazing guitarwork and keyboards make them fun for me), Amon Amarth, Devil Driver etc...many others I'm leaving out, but those are a few. I still consider myself new to the scene, but I basically lean towards melodic death. However, other genres are pretty fun to dive into when I bore of those previously mentioned...

Are there any bands that the mighty Helm imposes upon me?
my back hurts...