AuthorTopic: STREET RACING CAR !!!!!!!!!!! post a comment <3  (Read 8879 times)

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

STREET RACING CAR !!!!!!!!!!! post a comment <3

on: December 12, 2006, 05:11:37 pm
Yup, I pixeled a race car :)

UPDATED

please post a comment, <3 <3
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:12:44 pm by Senad »
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: STREET RACING CAR !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 05:20:22 pm
But did you pixel it in MSPAINT!?!?

jk ;)

Looks nice, the palette is pretty cool, though I gotta say (and it may be my own personal prefs here) I think the dithering is overkill.  The clean-shaded background and cityscape do a great job, but the dithered surface of the car breaks up the forms a little too much I think.  There isn't much value difference between the front, top, and side of the vehicle, and the dithering just blurs it that much more.  darker values along the bottom of the car would help the "ground effects" thing stand out a lot more too.  the patterns on the vehicle are a little confusing - the blue stuff is clearly some like flame decals, but you've got light blue, purple and tan patterns kind of criss-crossing all over it - since they can clearly overlay each other, its not apparent whether they are reflections, decals, or maybe one of each.  The messiness of the wheels makes them look traced or downsampled, but again that could just be personal prefs.  The effect you got on the front windshield is pretty spectacular, the glass color and interior silhouette are just perfect.

Some nice elements here, just needs some heavy duty polish!

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Re: STREET RACING CAR !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 08:28:14 pm
thanx, i love to dither stuff :P.. thanx for advice, ill try to make it without dither to see how it works... u see i dont have like one clear lightspot.. its more that car is surrounded by lights.. well.. on street or somewhere :P but i like it that way, thanx vm, ill do my best.. its still a wip :) still havent added neon light under it :)
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Re: STREET RACING CAR !!!!!!!!!!! post a comment <3

Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 07:59:15 am
[UPDATED]

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 08:27:10 am
I don't see why you're dithering so much when you've got 26 colors to work with.  I've learned the hard way a couple months ago, that there's no point to add a color if you're never going to have it be solid anywhere.  I can see where maybe you want to use if for color blending purposes, but you could accomplish the same thing by just picking out the color.
The shading itself, though, is good. You could maybe use a little work on the hood, but otherwise it's good.
Just wondering if you freehanded or traced?

Bottomline: the piece is not bad, and I especially love the background, but if you're going to use so much dithering, why not try to restrict the amount of colors your using to 16 or something?

(sorry if this is a poor critique...i'm pretty tired...)
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 12:44:33 pm
The hand currently looks unrealistic and detracts from the piece. Apart from that its looking very good. Itll be good when you do
some fancy higlights and stuff on that "ford -06'(?) writing. Shouldn't you post your references also?
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 06:03:26 pm
I dont know what car this is.. wanted it to look more like mercedes... but lol :p

thanx..

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 09:07:04 pm
sharprm meant your tag, Senad -06.

I, too, would like to see the reference for comparision. looks a little like CLK500.
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 12:33:00 am
Whoa. That looks really nice, Senad!

You did an amazing job with the car, and I really like the style of the background.
Nice choice of colors too.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 12:36:51 am
I really like that you've gotten the decals so they don't interrupt the form of the car.

I also say get rid of the hand. It's unrealistic and hurts the piece way more than it helps it. You could also use some anti aliasing on the reflections in the windows and headlights and grill.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 04:08:02 pm
thanx very much :P

I tried, and added some more AA, also removed the hand and changed the tires.  ::)

what do u think?

I was thinking to have light inside the car, but have no idea how to fix that, could someone help :) ?

Well I could make this with 16 colors too I guess, at least try.. but not really my style, I like more colorful, this is like my pixel with less colors lol.. I usually make signatures, but with 100+ colors.. takes ages but what the hell :D

example on what I do..

But its more about the game, cartoonish-gamish, its signature that I make for someone, and this one is about RuneScape.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 11:25:01 pm by Senad »

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 12:57:54 am
did you work from a reference pic? if yes then please post it.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 10:22:24 pm
what is reference ?

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 10:27:43 pm
A reference is an image you look at either to copy, imitate, or check to make sure you did things right.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 01:20:57 am
Well I dont have, when I had problems with something I checked how cars look on google to be sure. Coz I never made a care before.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 07:59:33 am
Well I dont have, when I had problems with something I checked how cars look on google to be sure. Coz I never made a care before.

That's a reference :0
A reference is something you use to compare, use as as some sort of guideline, or even base on.
If you didn't make something completely out of your head, you most likely used a reference.

Offline Aeon Vision

• Shake of the dust...Arise!
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 04:11:51 pm
Heh, got inspired by that [urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGeWYIdg-Bo]video[/url] on youtube?
Very nice car  :y:, great lineart.

Although i don't really like your job coloring, overall its good, but its way to chaotic for me.
I think it would look way better when only dark red... with shading ofcourse.

Still, great work!

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 08:00:59 pm
haha well not really, but yeah, some friends from RSM (my clan) told me that I should do a car too.. so there I did my vers :D and im very proud since I nevr done low color pixel before ;).. allways do with many colors