AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 151878 times)

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #400 on: January 08, 2007, 01:12:43 pm
Or what about we make a boring pro christian game, where you throw bibles at people to convert them, or maybe match quotes from the gospel with the saints who said it.

This game is shockingly violent too because you can throw baby moses in the river!

Offline TehSilentOne

• View Profile

Reply #401 on: January 08, 2007, 04:20:50 pm
^ omg.. i was playing that the other day.. and some silly "Moses' game or something.. *Clay pots fell on me so many times* ridiculous that we found those games in my friend's old game stash.. hehe..

> also Battle Royale is an awesome movie. Sucks to be the gal w/ the Pot-Lid though. :P  and Kiryama is so kick-ass..

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #402 on: January 08, 2007, 06:45:26 pm
http://www.cravegames.com/games/biblegame/index.html

These came to mind. Somewhat new bible game(s). Mario Party ripoff with bible stories taken out of context. :y: In the GBA version you quote gospels to beat "the deceiver". That's the Devil to the rest of us.

@Evil-Ville: From what I recall, that game was only released in the west and never got licenced by Nintendo. Hence the unusual NES cartridge.

@Rox: Those are some weird reviews. Christian rating? "There is mention of other gods in this game. There is also magic. You can choose not to use it, but you will most likely loose. People might also find the shapeshifters insulting." :huh: Regardless of it's message, I find it somewhat humorous that the site's called 'Christian answers', as apposed to regular ones.

(You should have picked up hitchhiker sooner. Loved those books. Highly reccomended.)

Wether or not the 'Mortal Kombat' video has some hidden religious message, I suspect dragging that into the discussion will take away focus from the original subject: 'violence in videogames.' (IMO of course.)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #403 on: January 08, 2007, 06:54:39 pm
Religion always steals the focus whenever it's mentioned. It's such a passionate subject for so many people. Personally, I don't get that. So, of course, I'm passionate about pointing out that I don't get it.. which triggers others to try to explain why I should get it...

Anyhow. I'm joining in on the so-far-inofficial Towel Day the 25th of May this year. I think it's a fitting tribute to an amazing author who went away far too soon. Not to mention it's funny (and also practical!), which he would've liked.

Offline TehSilentOne

• View Profile

Reply #404 on: January 08, 2007, 09:11:42 pm
Hitchhiker's guide is one of the greatest books ever.. have you read the Dirk Gentley books? They are just as good, if not surpassing 'teh Guide'. :P or maybe i am just partial to Norse gods..

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #405 on: January 09, 2007, 01:49:18 am

This game is shockingly violent too because you can throw baby moses in the river!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw

An angry nintendo nerd review about Bible Adventures, as well as various other crap piles.

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #406 on: January 09, 2007, 02:11:49 am
that's really funny. I love the bible buffet game which has no reference to the bible at all! haha

wow I just saw the Noah shooter part.. mmm goats.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:15:48 am by leel »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #407 on: January 09, 2007, 02:26:42 am
Yes! Yes! Goats!

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #408 on: January 09, 2007, 02:51:43 am
not just any goats, unconscious ones!  ooh la la

Yeah, in conclusion, I think it's incredibly funny that all those religious games are rip offs.  Throw that baby Moses!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:57:19 am by leel »

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #409 on: January 09, 2007, 05:48:32 am
Heh.  Those are all so horrible XD  The even funnier thing is that my church has a copy of the Noah's Ark 3D game for PC XD  It's rather amusing.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.