AuthorTopic: 2d Ninja Game In Need of Simple, Clean Art!  (Read 653 times)

Offline avidanimefan

• I'm Avid. I make games and enjoy development.
    • KageNinjaGame
    • View Profile

2d Ninja Game In Need of Simple, Clean Art!

on: August 31, 2018, 08:22:13 am

Hi, Avid here and I'm yet again on the hunt for a pixel artist to help me out with the next phases of my project. Before we get started though, I just have a few things to point out:

• I prefer to start small. This is normally because I want to see how well you do without spending too much money on something I may not be able to use (I've paid tons of people, regardless of whether I could actually use their art, simply to cover some of their time spent.)  That being said, please DO NOT message me unless you're absolutely sure you can replicate/compliment the style of the art in the game. It's counterproductive since I'm a single game developer working on a large project.
  • If things go well, there will be more work in the future. I'm open to working with you based on your strengths and desires.
  • Be honest and straightforward, I can't stress this enough. I'm really simple to work with-- really. It's 100% okay to be honest about situations and happenings. I won't get upset--unless
  • You waste my time and energy or give me "life happens" excuses after practically begging for the job or getting the job then treating it as an "option". I've had several artists waste my time recently asking me to wait weeks for jobs that should have only taken hours, only to realize they had no intention of following through. Don't be that guy/gal! You will be blacklisted! Plainly put, if your schedule is "stacked" or you have doubts, please don't ask for / accept the job.

Now that I've mentioned what I don't want, its time to mention what I do!

I'd like to start with something VERY simple: Mounts!

Mounts are, as you may know, items or creatures that the player can ride around on. For Kage, most mounts are very simple to make (some are single state, 1-3 frame animated).

For the next four mounts I have in mind I need:
  • A giant leaf.
  • A giant shuriken.
  • Wings (Two types, Demon and Angel)

Pay Rate:
2-4$ per frame, non-negotiable. This is but the first step, I actually have more work which pays more and needs to be done, however, I can't feel comfortable trusting someone with that until they meet the basic requirements of creating art that meshes well with the current game.

Time Estimated:
1 hr, MAYBE 2 for skilled artists. Each frame should take around 10 minutes, maybe less as there are no complex designs in most of the mounts or complex animations.  However, you will actually have 2 days to deliver with an extra 1$ per frame if you complete the job early on day 1.

Previews From The Game:

Thanks for your time and attention. You can contact me more quickly via Discord at avidflexxinfan#8764

Offline Animator

• View Profile

Re: 2d Ninja Game In Need of Simple, Clean Art!

Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 04:01:25 pm
I sent an invitation on Discord from Animator.
My portfolio is here https://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=24648.0

Offline avidanimefan

• I'm Avid. I make games and enjoy development.
    • KageNinjaGame
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:47:49 pm
Hi Animator, I added you via Discord.

Offline brunozxz

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 06:56:26 pm
I sent you an invitation on discord
This is a link to my portfolio https://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=24590.0 :)