AuthorTopic: Any advice would be great.  (Read 2404 times)

Offline thetmdth

• View Profile

Any advice would be great.

on: September 02, 2018, 03:53:09 pm
Hi all! I'm Tommy.

So I have been doing pixel art for a few years now as a hobby, I was never super serious about it and I don't consider myself that good.
However, more recently I have been contemplating becoming a freelance pixel artist, and I am wondering if anyone one here has any advice or knows of any pitfalls I should avoid?

Due to disability I have never actually had a job before, so I am still trying to puzzle out how to do simple things like taxes on income, and just generally trying to plan it out and see if its the direction I want to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated สมัครufabet

Thanks in advance.

Offline tinytheghost

• down to talk whenever, message me :)
    • @tinytheghost
    • View Profile

Re: Any advice would be great.

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:37:49 pm
Hi Tommy! I'm tiny, pleasure to meet you! Glad you have decided this and seem serious about it

I am fairly new to the pixel art community. The best advice I could give you is to be passionate.

Being passionate means being determined not only to learn something but to perfect it, and pixel art isn't the easiest thing if you want to create something original and fantastic. It also means picking yourself back up even when you go through a bunch of shading and lighting fails (talking about myself :)).

Pursue your dreams and make them come true.

You should work on a portfolio for people to admire your skills as a pixel artist and post them in the Portfolio section of the forums.
Be open to commissions, and practice practice practice! :)
Start a Twitter as well, to open up more opportunities of networking.

You got this! Don't give up!
If you need anything PM me