AuthorTopic: Seecret Agents.  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Seecret Agents.

on: December 04, 2006, 05:25:58 am

Work in progress.  Making it to put on the door of my dorm room, hence myself and my roommate in the suits.
The text in the lower right is just there for the time being, ignore it and the placement of the portrait in the bg.
So, C+C?

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Seecret Agents.

Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 06:33:57 am
The head exploding is strange. It looks like the entrance of the bullet is what's making his head explode as opposed to the exit. I'd have it showing his forehead intact and the back of his head being blasted away. Your roomate's pose looks a bit too Charlie's Angels for my liking. I'd personally make him have a more subtle pose, but that might make it too serious.

Offline hidden killer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 07:25:06 am
agreed with blick
and ur roomates suit is missing shading ( well its a wip so i think u gonna do it soon )
and one thing - i dont understand the reason behind being color conservative in this
u are gonna print and put it up on the door rite ?
i think u shud wield all the power of pixeling u can get ;D

and i think considering that u and ur room mate are killing that dude on the counter, ur expression is a lil dull
as in while ur killing someone ur expression is a happy and evil kind of expression when killing for fun and angry when killing in a fit of rage or something like that
so i think improve the expressions

wow i have been seeing too many violent movies :P

thats all the comments i can give for now :)

Offline Cure

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 06:36:53 pm
I agree with you about the exploding head, blick, I failed to notice that.  It will be ammended.
hk- I personally like the cold blank stare, and will probably keep it.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 06:48:48 pm
I dunno, but regarding the exploding head, just esthetically speaking, It'd look a bit better if the guy who gets shot was more of a silhouette and, as Blick points out, the bullet leaves through his back head (which obviously cracks because of the VHIELANCE) and then I request more blood. BLOOD IS BEAUTIFUL ESTHETICALLY SPEAKING :] OBJECTIVELY.

Whereas random disintegrated head and brainsy brains are not as beautiful.

Of course I am Objective since Art is Objective. :]

Subjectiveness is for non-fascists. the wimpsters :<
' _ '

Offline D39

• Dan3099
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 03:09:54 am
I agree with the other posts that the exploding should happen from the back of his head.

The bald guy doesn't work too well. I had to zoom in just to figure out what he was, and even after that he didn't look right. I don't understand his pose either.  Judging by the Length of his upper body his legs would be visible below the door opener's arm.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 03:17:53 am
I really like this piece, but I have to argue about the smoke comming from the left guys gun...what did he shoot?  the door knob?  because its still there...and why is the guy opening the door?  if the first two already in there, shouldnt it had already been opened...unless they are guards, but then he would be opening it from the outside, rather the inside.

also, I like how you added the wedding ring on the guy getting his forehead blown apart.  I think you should maybe put it on the desk, try and show that he was wearing it, and then maybe some dark spots on the desk, as though he was crying.  then possibly add a small smirk to his face showing hes glad hes getting away from his god for saken wife.  but just a thought. ;)

Offline Cure

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 03:34:04 am
I didn't even notice I had him opening it from the inside.  That completely escaped me.  I'll fix that.
The two in the foreground are the "good guys", or maybe bad, the protagonists either way.  The two in the doorway and the victim are the enemy.

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 03:40:26 am
its the eyes that are really throwing me off. try having the agent in the forground squinting as his shooting the gun, or just work on the eyes abit in general. atm they just look a little bit... wrong.

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline artgrrl

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 06:00:36 pm
When I look at the two good guys, I REALLY like the seated guys right shoulder. It looks like it's in good proportion with his head, meaning size, you can see the tension in the jacket and where the muscle tone is, but his left arm and the arms of the standing guy look a little flat and thin to me. Also, the standing guy I think by making the raised knee pose comes across a little bit feminine, possibly emphasized by the jacket being cut more like a female suit coat. I would make the suit coat more boxy and it should be cut to hang lower on the hip. Possibly if he was standing more straight on, arms crossed holding the gun like he is the "muscle" behind the shooter, looking threatening. Just an idea.