AuthorTopic: Game Mock-ups  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Stranger

• View Profile

Game Mock-ups

on: December 04, 2006, 12:13:11 pm
Hey. Got afew game mock-ups, I could use some constructive criticism. I havn't really gotten much better and I've been doing tiles for alittle while so I thought I would post here for some wisdom.

Beach side scroller, I am aware theres no GUI, my bad.

RPG Mock-up.

As you probably noticed they also lack characters, I'll explain, I simply am -really- bad at makeing them so if anyone has any tutorials for this I would appreciate it, I'll be looking for some myself too after posting this.  :)

Offline D39

• Dan3099
    • View Profile

Re: Game Mock-ups

Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 03:51:14 am
The side scroller background looks great. The bend in the tree bothers me a bit though. If it's from wind then I think it would happen more towards the middle of the tree. Also if its supposed to be a palm tree I think the trunk could use more texture. Right now it looks pretty smooth.

I can't offer a very good crit on the second background. The trees seem to have some perspective issues, and the whole things a bit flat feeling, but I don't have any helpfull suggestions for you there, sorry.

Offline Adrian

• View Profile

Re: Game Mock-ups

Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 05:53:07 pm
The trees have issues for sure, the foliage looks like its a view from straight up while the trunk looks like a top side view. They also look like failed rips of A Link to the Past...