AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 95992 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #210 on: December 07, 2006, 03:06:44 pm
Heh that reminds me of this video.

My aunt used to have this cat that would bite and scratch everyone but me. That cat was lovely :0

I like dogs, but they are too much work, you have to walk them and wash them and all.
So yeah if I were getting a pet it would be a cat (or a turtle)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #211 on: December 07, 2006, 05:48:50 pm

you don't get a cat for a pet. The cat gets you for a pet.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 05:53:56 pm by Helm »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #212 on: December 07, 2006, 05:55:50 pm
I like cats a lot more than dogs. Cats own!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #213 on: December 07, 2006, 06:42:56 pm
Joining the current trend.

I'm a cat and dog person. I've had 3 cats, first one being a deranged tabby (Norwegian forest cat) who used whatever she wanted as a toilet. Favorites were beds, rugs and sinks. Second one was her kitten, same breed and a fantastic cat. Good understanding of language too. She would say good morning to you and be offended if you didn't answer. Some cats prefer not to be petted too long, mostly since it hinders them form sleeping. She was one of them, but there was mutual respect. She knew perfectly well that she was screwed if she didn't obey the rules.

At the moment though, we've got a Siamese. (On my lap right now actually). Took a while to train her as her first owners let her walk on the tables and fed her with tubed cheese :huh: If you didn't remember to put the food away, she would take it. One time she devoured half a chicken and then took the other one by the leg running for cover. She would be busted pretty easily as she sings as she eats. It's amazing how well she understands language though. She'll want something specific and if you ask her what it is she can actually show you. A lot of verbal communication compared to other cats.

As for the dog, I've got a Border Collie. She understands language so well she makes schemes. If you don't pet her, she'll just go over to the next person and look at you like you've missed out. If you say the word "pants", she'll allready be halfway to the front door as she's figured out that a change of clothes means a walk. When you're walking around the house, she'll place a football just out of sight so you'll kick it when you walk past. She had puppies this summer, so I've raised the two from the ground up. Just visited them at their new home. They have acquired superspeed. So yeah...     :y: <- I keep thinking brown slime/booger things when I see these for some reason.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #214 on: December 07, 2006, 07:26:56 pm
A cat is only as good as the owner who raises it. Kittens are like a sponge and any good or bad actions will multiply into it's personality later on. Same thing with litter training and discipline. Has to be taught early on and right. But whereas dogs can be high maintenance throughout their life times (not stinking to high heaven, doing their business in the appropriate location, not harrasing any passerbys), a well raised adult cat just needs food and a litter box, with the occasional doctor's visit.

I've yet to meet a dog I like, although all the dogs my family have owned have been mutts. I plan on doing some research to find a calm quite breed and try raising one, but I'll always be a "cat person".

But I do think that cats are more of a gamble than dogs. From my experience, cats are more likely to have pronounced personality quirks than dogs, who tend to stay in the loveable dopey attention starved range regardless of breed.

Has anyone taught their cat how to use the toilet? The next kitten I get I want toilet trained, heh.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:29:22 pm by pkmays »

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #215 on: December 07, 2006, 07:30:18 pm
Though, If it means anything, I live next to, as my parent's put it 'Cat Women'.  Crazy old lady with loads of cats, and a son, who really should move out who is blates on steroids..

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #216 on: December 07, 2006, 07:46:51 pm
Has anyone here played Gunstar Super Heroes for GBA? I almsot bought the game a while back when it was going for cheap at wallymart. I demoed itthe other day and now I'm glad I didn't get it. Total stinker. I can't understand how it's gotten such good reviews. The boss fights I tried were cramped on screen, movement is less smooth and animation/attacks are a lot jerkier than I remember. There are much more annoying shoot'em up levels, the ones I tried you had to dodge fire while takingup a 1/5 of the screen.. The combo system is gone and the weapons are nerfed. You can't toss people anymore; instead you can only use a crappy sword, which cannot even approach what you might call a replacement for the gunstar toss. I can't believe the same ppl behind Astroboy and Gunstar Heroes(GENESIS) made this travesty.
11:40 - Yeah, it's controls are terrible. I have it on my supercard now, I'm gonna try it again.

11:45 - It's way overrated. Bosses are nice, and the graphics are good. But any part that's not a boss is ridiculously lame. I played the Genesis one on an emulator and it's way better.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #217 on: December 07, 2006, 08:56:54 pm
I think toilet-training a cat is too much.

My cat is 2 years old. We have this thing we do. She comes in my room and looks at me (I've never had a cat that stares in your eyes as much as this cat, and at a time I was living with 11 cats) so I look, she looks for a long time. At some point I tell her "...what?" and she goes mwowrrrrr and does a little belly roll and covers her face with her paws. It's the most adorable thing ever.

And yeah, we communicate to degrees. She speaks to me and I say "food?" she says mew and I get up and we both go to the kitchen together. If I ask food and she doesn't reply, then she just wants aknowledgement/company.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #218 on: December 07, 2006, 09:27:55 pm
My cats ambush me whenever I use the can opener.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #219 on: December 08, 2006, 07:25:33 am
Dogs are ok I guess, but they're not calm enough for me. I be sittin, chillaxin', watchin me some TV, when doggy just comes in and wanna get me up to go do something. Always be pullin' the leash when they walk, be tryin' to lick me in mah face. I aint gonna be licked in mah face. They're fun to play with when I actually feel like playing, but then there're those dogs that growl when you just look at them. You go to pet them an' dey face be gettin' all evil. You can tell they be wantin' ta kill you.
Cats are cool, though, 'cause they're calm, and when I feel like playing I just take out a laser pointer. I had an awesome cat, but no one liked it but me. We used to wrassle and stuff, but I rarely ever got scratched. And I'd much rather get in a fight with something that I can throw a good seven or eight feet than something that I can hardly move if it doesn't want to be moved. And small dogs suck, so they can't even compare. Then we'd both find a nice patch of sunlight filt'ring through to the rug and I'd lay with her on my back doing homework. Then at night she'd keep my feet warm. (It was kind of annoying though 'cause I always woke up with her butt in my face, but I knew she'd keep the monsters away and she never farted.) I can't say if she was smart or not, cause I never really called her by name. I don't think she was smart though. I miss her. :'(